Mingyu - Cuddles

"Y/N! Y/N!" 

You wake up with a jolt as you felt someone violently shaking you to wake you up. 

It takes you a while to realize that you were in your bedroom and for your eyes to adjust to the dark and the fact that your boyfriend was staring down at you in concern, his eyebrows furrowed together. 

It doesn't take long for the replays of your nightmare to start displaying images inside your brain, causing your breathing to fasten and your eyes to water. 

Mingyu notices this right away and brings you closer to him, your face pressed up against his chest as he had his arms around your shoulder and in your hair. 

"Shhh. . .it's okay baby. It's okay. It's just a dream," Mingyu whispered softly as he stroked your hair while you sobbed into his chest, dampening his shirt. 

"I-I w-was so scared," You cried, clutching tightly onto his shirt as you continued to cry. 

"You're safe now Y/N. I'm here with you, aren't I? I won't let anything happen to you," Mingyu said. 

"I dreamt about my car accident again," You tell him, sniffing. 

Mingyu didn't say anything but only clenched his jaw and continued to stroke your head. He hated seeing you cry. 

 When you were very young, you had gotten into a very bad car accident which left you unconscious for a week and with multiple injuries as well as trauma. Although many years had passed since the incident, you would occasionally get nightmares about it and each time you couldn't help but cry since it just seemed all too real. 

Some minutes had passed and the two of you stayed in the same position, Mingyu cradling you as you tried to calm yourself down. 

A few minutes later, Mingyu slowly lowered you down on the bed until you were lying down and quickly laid down beside you, holding you close to him as he got underneath the blanket, kicking off his socks. 

You laid straight for a few moments before you shifted a bit and wrapped an arm around his torso, nuzzling your face in his side. 

"What time is it?" You asked. 

"Nearly one," Mingyu answered, drawing lazy circles on your back. 

"When did you come?" You asked him. 

"Not too long ago. I was drinking some water when I heard you scream," Mingyu told you. 

"Oh," You answered, not really knowing how to reply, "Was I screaming loudly." 

"Not too loud. You were crying and kicking around. You scared me," Minyu admitted. 

"I'm sorry," You whispered to him slowly, biting down on your lower lip. 

"Why are you sorry. You have nothing to be sorry for," Mingyu said, frowning as he looked at you. 

"I don't know why I get these nightmares,"You said, tearing up a bit. 

"Hey. Don't cry," Mingyu said, holding your chin and making you look up at him, "It happens babe. There's nothing wrong with it." 

"But I don't want to continue having these dreams Mingyu. I hate them. It's been so many years since my accident, why can't I move on," You said. 

Mingyu sighed and kissed your forehead, saying, "I'm not sure. Our brain works in weird ways sometimes. Do you want to maybe see a therapist?"

"There's nothing wrong with me," You told him.

"I never said there is anything wrong with you but maybe talking to a therapist can help you get out of your trauma. Sometimes its better to talk to professionals. They can really help you know," Mingyu said. 

When he saw the hesitance on your face, he added, "I'll come with you if you want." 

"Promise?" You said. 

"I promise," Mingyu said, his eyes full of assurance. 

"Thank you so much. I feel so bad sometimes. All I do is rely on you and give you more stress. I even disturbed your night," You said. 

"Are you serious? I want to be a part of every aspect in your life Y/N. I don't care if you wake me up everyday in the middle of the night, I'd still love you. I told you, didn't I, that as long as I'm here, nothing will happen to you," Mingyu told.

You couldn't help bu swell with adoration and love for your boyfriend and you hugged him tightly and said, "I love you."

"I love you too," Mingyu said, "Now let's sleep cause I'm very tired."

You smiled and the two of you cuddled each other until the both of you fell asleep. 

I'm so sorry for not updating yesterday on time. I had this written a few days ago but then I started watching the Gose episode and it slipped my mind. Anyways, happy November and have a great day!