Vernon - Camping pt 2

"Y/N" Your mom called out for you, "I need you to go and ask one of the staffs nearby for some more firewood for tonight." 

"But mom," You looked up from the book you were reading, "I can't carry firewood all by myself. It's too heavy. Can't dad do it?"

"Dad's busy preparing for the barbecue," Your mom said, "Why don't you take Hansol?"

"What?" You said. 

"Hansol. I know he's free somewhere around. Why don't you take him. The two of you could carry the firewood together," Your mom suggested. 

"But-" You tried to protest but your mom was already walking away. 

Guess you really had no other option then. 

You reluctantly got up from your chair and tried to find Hansol, locating him in no time with no problem. 

After last night's incident where the two of you almost kissed, both Hansol and you have been avoiding each other like the plague. Hansol would walk off in the other direction as soon as he would see you and you would turn bright red as soon as he was in sight. 

He was even gone when you woke up this morning, happened to have neatly cleaned up his belongings and part. 

"Hey," You say softly. 

At first you weren't sure if Hansol had even heard you but then he turned around, raising an eyebrow when he saw you standing there. 

You nervously looked away and played with your fingers. 

"Um. . .my mom wants us both to go get firewood from staff. B-because I can't carry all of it by myself," You told him nervously. 

Once again Hansol did not react immediately and you thought he was going to ignore you when he got up and nodded, "Let's go."

You too nod your head and turned around, beginning to walk onto the trail which leads back to the lodging offices. 

Hansol soon fell into step with you and the two of you walked side by side in complete silence. To say that things were awkward is an understatement.  

 Two of you continued walking in silence even until after you had reached the lodging office and had retrieved more firewood. Wordlessly, Hansol had divided the load so that he was carrying a bit more of the firewood and you a bit. 

As the two of you were returning back to your camping site with Hansol walking ahead of you. Since the basket of firewood you were carrying is a bit too heavy for you, you were walking slowly behind Hansol, struggling to carry the box of logs and keep up with Hansol at the same time.

The trail you were walking on is rocky and uneven, really another trek in nature, and there were also numerous tiny tree logs and leafs on the trail. You also foolishly didn't wear proper shoes and were walking with flimsy slippers on. 

Which is why the next thing you know if that your right ankle twists and you fall down to the ground, the basket of firewood also falling to the ground and the logs rolling out. 

You screamed in pain as you feel a sharp jolt in your right ankle. 

Hansol turned around startled and saw you on the ground, running towards you immediately. He set down his own basket and crouched to your level. 

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Hansol asked. 

"I don't know," You said, wanting to cry, "My ankle hurts." 

"Which one?" Hansol asked. 

"The right one," You told him. 

Hansol moves over to check your on your ankle and says, "It's not broken."

"But it hurts a lot," You told him. 

Hansol sighed and said, "Come on. Get on my back. Let's get you to the campsite."

"But the logs," You pointed out. 

"I'll come back for them again," Hansol said, helping you get up on your left feet. He then turned his back towards you and you hoped on your left leg until you were near him. Wrapping your arms around his neck from the back, Hansol hoisted you up by putting both of his arms behind your thighs, holding you up. 

"Okay. Let's go," Hansol grunted a bit. 

A few moments later, you asked him, "Why didn't you just leave me there." 

"Don't be ridiculous. Why would I leave you there?" Hansol scoffed. 

"Because you hate me," You pointed out. 

Hansol paused, walking silently with you on his back. 

Slowly he said, "I don't hate you. . .you're just easy to tease."

"Will you stop teasing me then," You asked quietly. 

Hansol was quiet for an another second before he said, "Only because you're asking nicely."

"So are we friends now," You asked. 

"I wouldn't go that far," Hansol said, "We can be. . .acquaintances. People who tolerate each other."

You wondered for a few seconds, before concluding that this arrangement wasn't bad at all and agreed, saying, "Okay."

"Good. Now let's get you treated," Hansol said, carrying you all the way back to the camping site. 

I'm updating this at my internship and trying desperately not to get caught looking at Korean men on pinterest for the pictures lol. I've always imagined Vernon to have his pre-debut hair whenever I was writing this so I hope you guys could also read this with the same image in head. 

Have a great day everyone!!

Also this week's gose was so fun! Of course the team with Yoon Jeonghan will cheat. I feel like an idiot for even believing that they won with fair play.