Vernon - Cat

"Aww you cutie," You cooed as the kitten nuzzled its nose against your leg. 

You glanced over your shoulder to see Vernon gently brushing the fur of an adorable Siberian cat. 

"Isn't she cute," You called his attention, and Vernon turned his head to look at you. He smiled as he saw you play with the kitten and agreed, "She is."

"Do you think I can take this one home?" You asked him. 

"Do you think Lily will like her?" Vernon answered your question with another question. 

"She better," You said shrugging, "She needs company anyways." 

"I agree. I still can't believe she managed to scare Leo away. Everyone and everything likes Leo," Vernon commented. 

"Alright. I've made up my mind. I'm gong to adopt this cutie here," You announced getting up and straightening your jeans. 

Vernon looked up at you from the ground, squinting as the light hit him in the eye and asked, "Are you sure." 

"A thousand percent," You told him. 

You left Vernon with the cats and walked over to staff lady that you had initially contacted prior coming to the shelter. Although Vernon came over often once his schedules were finished, you still felt lonely most of the time. 

Not to mention that all this work from home environment created by the pandemic has also increased the amount of time you spend inside your home. It was just you and your cat Lily at home, but now desired for more company and you knew that Lily was also starting to get sick of seeing your face everyday as well. 

It was actually Vernon's idea to adopt another cat. You were complaining to him about your work and your home life and how fed up you get from being at home most of the time when he suggested that you get another cat. 

His exact words were, "Why don't you just get another kitten then?" 

At first you didn't think you could handle taking care of another cat while being engrossed in work throughout the day, but then quickly changed your mind. 

Once you had finished all your formalities and had signed all the required forms you needed to, both you and Vernon finally went to your home with the new cat in your hands. 

Vernon played with the kitten's tiny paws as you drove the car home. 

"Lily! Look who's here!" You called out in your apartment when you reached and opened the door. 

As usual, Lily was resting on her cushion in the corner of the room and barely lifted her head to even look at you.

You took the kitten from Vernon's hands gently and walked towards Lily before sitting on the floor right before her and holding out the kitten in front of her. 

"Look who it is Lily. It's a sister!" You cooed, speaking in baby language. 

This time Lily did lazily look up from her paw. Although she made no other movement, you could tell Lily's interest was peaked and she stared at the kitten curiously. 

Vernon came soundlessly and sat down beside you as he watched Lily and the new kitten interact. 

"What did you name her?" Vernon asked. 

"Lucy Chwe," You told him without even looking up. 

You felt Vernon slowly turn towards you and repeat, "Lucy Chwe?" 

"She's as much yours as she is mine. You helped me choose her and you gave me the idea to adopt another kitten," You told him, "And you're also going to help me raise her. So I decided to just give her your last name." 

Vernon stayed silent for some while and although his face was blank, you knew that he felt touched. 

He slowly reached towards Lucy and gently patted her with his index finger and said, "I hope you know that I'm getting Lucy a yellow food bowl." 

"No no no," You groaned loudly, "I hate that color." 

"But I like it," Vernon protested. 

"And it clashes with my furniture. In a not so nice way," You pointed out and it is true. Your furniture was basically all white and black with hints of silver here and there. 

"I don't care. I'm buying my kitten whatever I want," Vernon said. 

"You know what? I'm taking back my words. She's mine. She's all mine," You said, shaking your head as another heated debate just started between the two of you. 

I'm in quarantine right now cause I just traveled so I will now have time to write better quality imagines. My last few imagines have been so trashy that I feel bad for all the people who actually read them. I promise my future ones will be better and longer. 

Have a great day everyone : )