The8 - Hometown pt 2

It was awkward.

Everything is so awkward.

You peeked above the menu to take a look at the Minghao, who was also staring hard at the menu, looking concentrated.

You could feel your heart beating fast, thumping against your ribcage as it was threatening to leap out.

What were you even thinking?

Saying yes to a date.

I mean of course you want to go on a date with Minghao to start over but you didn't realize how awkward it would be.

Eight years is really too long of a gap for anyone.

You heard Minghao clear his throat and he asked, "Um. . .have you decided on what you want to eat?"

"Uh-yeah," You answered, setting your menu out, "I think I'd like that."

You pointed at the dish on the menu.

The two of you came to a fancy french restaurant, which you have always seen from outside but never inside. To be quite frank, all the dishes in the menu are written in french and you had no idea what is what and how to even read the names properly.

Minghao quickly ordered for the two of you and the waiter brings out some wine as the two of sit in another awkward silence.

You didn't know what to say and neither did Minghao.

"So," Minghao cleared his throat one more time, "Um. . .how have you been?"

"Good," You answered, "What about you?"

"Good, good. It's nice to be back after so long," Minghao told you. 

"Yeah I bet. It's been really long with Covid too," You reply.

"Yeah," Minghao agreed and then the two of you fell into an awkward silence again. 

Shortly after your food came, the two of you started eating, making small conversations here and there, asking each other for the past eight years. 

Once you were done, Minghao and you argued about paying the bill. 

Minghao insisted he pay the bill since he was the once who brought you the restaurant while you insisted you pay just because you didn't want to be one of those typical girls who let the guys do everything for them. 

The two of you walked out of the restaurant after Minghao won rock, paper, scissors and paid the bill for your meal. 

"Do you want to go to the beach. . .for a night walk?" Minghao asked you. 

You nodded your head. 

Minghao took your hand in his and the two of you began walking towards the sea, which isn't too far away from the restaurant you had eaten at. 

As you walk, hand in hand, Minghao asked you, "Have you ever wondered what would have happened if we never broke up."

"All the time," You answered, "But whatever happened, happened for a reason. I don't blame me you for what you did."

"But you should hate me for what I did. I hurt you so much," Minghao said. 

"You did," You agreed, "But if you hadn't then you wouldn't have been able to achieve your dreams."

"I used to think that I had to let go of everyone in order to achieve my dreams," Minghao realized, "When I did, I was very happy. My members, they are my family now, and everything I achieve with them always makes me happy. But I always felt empty inside. As if a part of me was incomplete."

"At first I couldn't figure out why I felt this way," Minghao continued, "I had everything I needed. In fact I had more than I need, and more than I want. We kept on breaking new barriers, reaching new heights, making new records but then why was I still so discontent. That's when I realize its because I don't have the other half of me by my side."

Minghao looked into your eyes this time and said, "I was foolish to let you go so I came back to get you back. I want you to know that I never stopped loving Y/N and I never will."