Dino - Table

"Alright. So this screw goes over here and this screw goes over there," Dino said as he concentrated deeply on the manual and the spare table legs in his hands. 

"You okay over there baby?" You called over from the couch, where you were sitting and feasting on popcorn as you watched television.

You and Dino had earlier today bought a study table from Ikea since you had broken your old one and were in desperate need for a new one. 

"I'm fine don't worry about me babe," Dino said, lines forming on his forehead from concentrating too hard. 

You give him a skeptical look, which he doesn't really notice since he is looking the other way but nevertheless mutter a simple okay as you sink your self back into the couch and concentrate on the television once more. 

Normally you would be on the floor with him, helping him build the furniture. Your father is an architect and you yourself are an interior designer and so are extremely comfortable and familiar with building furniture and other physical household activities. 

However you had sprained your leg a month ago, and although it was almost back to normal now, the doctor has advised you to continue to wear a basic cast for a further week. On top of that you had really bad cramps this morning and so Dino absolutely refused to let you touch even a single part of the table. 

He made sure that you were comfortably resting on the couch before starting his journey in making a table. The only problem, however, is that Dino is absolutely terrible at building furniture. 

 You continued the show you were watching, trying your best to concentrate on it as Dino continued with the furniture building for the next ten minutes. Even though Dino made no sounds and even though he didn't say anything, you could still feel him struggling and frowning over the manual. 

It's not like Dino can't follow instructions or read the manual, however its just. . .he just doesn't have a talent for furniture. 

You peaked a look at him one more time and saw him at the same place, frowning over the same page, holding the same pieces.

You sighed deeply to yourself, kicking the blanket off of you as you decide to go and help him to get this over with. 

If Dino will take three hours to build a table, you would finish it within a hour. 

"Okay. Give it to me," You said, settling on floor and shifting over towards Dino. 

"What? Hey it's alright. I got it. You go rest," Dino said as she saw you shifting over. 

"Let me help you. It'll be over quicker that way and then we can watch a movie together," You tell him, reaching your arm out for the manual. 

"It's fine. I got this Y/N. Don't worry," Dino tells you. 

"Just give it to me," You demanded, your hand still reaching out for the manual. 

Dino looked over at you with skepticism and you give him a look and say, "Do you really want to spend our limited time together building a damn table?" 

That managed to convince Dino as he wordlessly gave you the manual and scooted over to give you more space. 

You took a quick glance at the manual and immediately understood the next steps. You look at the pieces Dino had put together till now and took the screwdriver in your hand and took out a leg Dino had put there earlier. 

"What are you doing?" Dino asked. 

"This goes over here. Look," You told him, pointing at the manual. 

Dino leaned in and frowned at the manual. After a few minutes of staring at it, he pulled back and said, "Oh. . .I see." 

You worked quickly, working at double the speed, and quickly assemble the table. 

A couple of minutes later, Dino spoke in a small voice, "Do you-uh-you want me to go make some coffee?" 

You smiled to yourself as you noticed how the roles were quickly reversed, however you were careful to not let Dino see it. 

"Yes please," You tell him. 

Dino nodded and got up. He came back ten minutes later with two cups of hot coffee. By then even you were nearly done with building the table and the both of you quickly cleaned up before spending the rest of the afternoon cuddling together and watching Disney movies together. 

I am back with the occasional double updates. The weather is getting cold and I am really not compatible with the cold but I have no other choice but to deal with it. 

Have a great day everyone : )