Wonwoo - Ferris Wheel

You shivered slightly as you waited in line with the rest of your friends. 

It is Christmas Eve and your friends all came to an amusement park nearby to celebrate the holidays together. Well, if you were to be honest, you were more like dragged to the occasion.

Since everyone was returning back to your hometown for the holidays, a bunch of your high school classmates decided to meet up together. You only really kept in touch with your group of close friends and haven't really seen the others in a while and were initially hesitant to go. But your friends didn't really give you much of an option. 

So here you were, waiting in line for the ferris wheel with everyone, mostly standing towards the side as everyone laughed together. 

It's not like you weren't having fun. You certainly did enjoy your time and it was nice seeing everyone after so long however your introverted self was now tired and drained of energy and therefore decided to just keep to the sidelines. 

Besides, the park was about to close and everyone is going to leave after riding the ferris wheel anyways. You just couldn't wait to go home and slam your head onto the pillow and fall asleep. 

You shivered once again as the hard, cold wind blew, making you hold your jacket even closer to yourself. 

"Cold. Isn't it?" A deep and low voice said from behind of you and you turned around to see him, Wonwoo.

Although you will never admit it, Wonwoo was also a big reason of why you decided to come along today. It wasn't like the two of you were friends. In fact you both were far from friends, barely talking in school. However when you heard Wonwoo will also show up, you couldn't help but curious to see how he is after all these years. 

Especially now that he is so famous. 

It is a selfish reason but you didn't regret not coming. Turns out Wonwoo hasn't really changed much. He is still as quiet and only grew even more attractive. 

Wonwoo looked down at you, the tip of his nose turning pink from the cold. 

"I saw you shivering," Wonwoo explained, "We're almost there. It will be warmer inside the carriage." 

You only nod, not sure how to reply back without making the conversation awkward. 

A minute of silence passed and Wonwoo took a step forward so that he is standing beside you and said, "Do you not like social gatherings Y/N?"

You looked up at him sideways, startled. You didn't know that Wonwoo knew your name, let alone remembered it. As you mentioned earlier, you and Wonwoo barley interacted with one another during school. 

"What? Oh no. . .I just, I'm just tired," You fumbled around with your words a bit. 

Wonwoo only nodded and your conversation ended there. 

Now that your group's turn was nearing, the amusement park worker told your group to divide into mini groups.

You stood at the side as you watched everyone sort it out together. You weren't too worried because you knew you will end up with your friends anyways. 

"Okay since there are ten of us, you four can be together, us four can be together and Y/N and Wonwoo can go together as a pair," Your friend quickly divided everyone us. 

It took you a moment to realize that they were sending you alone with Wonwoo. 

"What? Wait," You said feebly, wanting to change the distribution but were unsuccessful and soon found yourself sitting across from Wonwoo inside the carriage as the ferris wheel started to go up. 

You bite your lip and look out of the window, wanting to avoid the awkward air. 

"How have you been Y/N?" Wonwoo was the one who spoke up first. 

You looked at him and answered, "I'm good. How about you?" 

"I'm good too. I heard that you were working at a multinational company in Seoul," Wonwoo said. 

You nodded, confirming what he said, "I'm just here for the new year." 

"Me too," Wonwoo said, "I was dragged here. I would have slept otherwise." 

You smiled, "I was dragged here too." 

You could tell Wonwoo was trying his best to keep a conversation going despite his quiet nature. 

"I-um-I like some of your songs," You told him. 

This time Wonwoo looked at your surprised, "Really? That's a bit embarrassing." 

"Why? You should be proud of yourself. You guys are really good," You complimented him. 

Wonwoo only chuckled slightly, seemingly being embarrassed. 

"Are you scared of heights?" Wonwoo asked after a couple of seconds of silence. 

You shook your head, saying, "No. But this height does make me a bit nervous." 

Wonwoo chuckled once again and looked out to admire the scenery, agreeing, "It is a bit high." 

The two of you were nearing the absolute top of the ferris wheel. 

"Y/N," Wonwoo called you out after a few more seconds of silence. 

You looked at him. 

"Do you perhaps want to grab some coffee sometime this week?" Wonwoo asked you sweetly. 

At first you weren't sure you heard him correctly but then a small smile spread on your face. 

"I'd love that."

Merry Christmas Eve! I don't celebrate Christmas but Merry Christmas to everyone who does. I hope you all have a happy and safe holidays and are spending it with someone you love and have fun with it. 

Happy Holidays everyone!