The8 - Hometown

You sat down on the sandy beach, staring out at the ocean, watching as the sun begins to slowly dip down, turning from yellow into orange. 

The temperature has also started to drop down alongside with the sun, getting colder and colder. 

It was still winter after all. 

The weather had been rather warm for a winter day and so the beach had previously been occupied by many people, some local, some traveling from far. However now that it is much colder than it was during the day, almost everyone has now left the beach and you were the only one left behind. 

Yet you preferred it this way. 

You close your eyes and enjoyed the strong, cold air blowing against you, making your short hair fly all over the place. 

Today should be the happiest day of your life.

 Well, you are happy. 

Very, very happy. 

However it felt that your happiness is partially empty. As if a part of you isn't here with you. 

Today you officially became a licensed lawyer. After four years of hard studying, one year of a full time internship, and another six months of studying for the bar exam, you finally became a lawyer and achieved your dreams. 

You were happy as you had always wanted to be a lawyer since you were young. Your parents, who gave all of their money in your studies, are overjoyed. Since you are the only child in the household and the first lawyer ever from your family, your parents are throwing you a party tomorrow to celebrate your success. 

Even your neighbors and your relatives, everyone is very happy for you. 

Of course, you are happy too but you still feel empty. 

The person you most want to spend your happiness is not here with you today. 

Even when he promised to be here with you through each and every step. 

You scoffed. You should have known there is no way he could have ever kept his promise. 

How could he? When he was in a completely different country than you? 

Minghao. 

Your first love and your were his first love too. You missed him so so much and you loved him so so much. Still do.

But you had to let him go so we can achieve his dreams. 

That was now eight years ago when he first left for Korea to become a trainee. 

Of course you had seen him in between all these years. The two of you still shared the same neighborhood, your parents are still good friends with each other, even all of your school friends are the same. So of course you see each other but you barely talk to each other anymore. 

It was clear that he has moved on from you and yet you were still stuck on him even after all these years. Sometimes it was so painful to sit in the same room as him and force yourself to laugh, pretending that you are over him and ignore his presence at the same time. 

You sighed and shivered. The sun is nearly gone now and the temperature is just dropping down and down. 

You should probably leave before it gets any colder and you get sick. 

You stand up from the sandy beach, brushing your pants for any sand that might have gotten stuck on it and turned around to leave, keeping your head down. 

It was only a few steps when you took notice of a silhouette standing a couple of meters away from you, staring at you. 

He smiled when he saw that you finally noticed him and stepped a bit closer. 

"I heard you're a lawyer now," He spoke first, "Congratulations. It was always your dream."

You blinked, still recovering from your shock of seeing him. 

"What are you doing here?" Was the only thing you could let out.

Minghao smiled and stuffed his hands in the pockets of his coat. 

"I'm here on a break," Minghao told you. 

"I know that," You told him. You had heard from your parents that Minghao is coming to China for four months to work here and be with his parents.

"What are you doing here?" You asked him. 

"I came to see you. Your parents told me you were out. I figured you would be here. You've always liked being at the Ocean," Minghao said. 

Your eyes stung from the tears that were threatening to fall out. Can't he see that he's just hurting you more? He's the one who broke up with you and yet he also remembers everything about you eve after all these years. 

What are you even supposed to think of this? 

"Why?" You asked, your voice trembling.

Minghao threw you a confused gaze. 

"Why are you doing this to me? Why do you keep on appearing when you want to be gone forever," You asked. 

Minghao's face softened a bit. 

"I miss you. I miss you so much," He admitted, "I miss everything about you."

"You're the one who left me. You're the one who broke up. Why do you miss me," You asked, breaking down. 

"Baby no, don't cry," Minghao stepped close to you and you could he was hesitant to touch you, "There hasn't been a single day I haven't thought of you. You're my everything Y/N. Don't ever think I want you gone from my life." 

"But. . .why didn't you even call me all these eight years," You asked, hurt. 

"Do you think it was easy for me? It was hard for me too," Minghao said, "I know I caused a lot of pain but I don't think I can go any longer without you." 

"Y-you broke my heart. I don't know if I can just go back to normal like this," You told him honestly. 

Minghao sighed and for a moment he just looked so heartbroken. Then he smiled and reached over, cupping your face lovingly. 

"Then we'll start over. Let's take this one step at a time because you're my forever Y/N. And I want to spend all of eternity with you," Minghao told you. 

This was inspired by Hai Cheng and I actually wrote it right after Hai Cheng came out. I know it may not feel like winter cause its getting warmer now, unless you're in the southern hemisphere, but I would like to think that this imagine would be nice to read in on a cold winter night. 

Have a great day everyone : )