Woozi - Coffee pt 2

You sighed as you finally got free from checking in your luggage and getting your boarding pass with you. 

Now that the holidays were over, you had to go back to your country of residence and continue your job.

After all, you need to make money at the end of the day. 

Your parents were understandably sad to see you leave again, since you are their only child, but they also understood that you need to leave for work again. 

In all honestly, you were a bit relieved that the holidays were over and that you were finally going back to where you live. After you found about Jihoon's girlfriend, you felt too awkward and weird to hang out with him, especially when you know you have strong feelings for him. 

You were afraid that you might end up spilling them all out if you see one more time and so had decided to just forget about Jihoon for good. 

You didn't want to be the girl who continues to pin over men who aren't available.

When Jihoon talked about his girlfriend to you, it was obvious that he is very much in love and is happy in his relationship and that's also what he deserves too. 

It hurt you to throw away your years long of friendship but you were convinced that this for the good, for both you and Jihoon. 

You passed through the security check and wandered around the duty free shops while you waited for your boarding time. After buying a few gifts for your co-workers and buying some more Korean snacks you can't fin in America, you sit down on an empty seat, feeling tired from walking around.

While you were resting, you felt your phone buzz in your pocket and pulled it out to see an unknown number calling you. 

Not thinking much of it, you pick it right away and speak, "Hello?" 

"Hello? Y/N?" 

You recognize the voice right away and say, "Jihoon?" 

"Y/N. It's me," Jihoon confirmed. 

"Jihoon. . .what? Why are you calling me with another number?" You ask, confused. 

"I'm using someone else's phone," Jihoon told you, "You're leaving today? 

You could hear the accusing tone he was using. 

"I am," You said, there is no other better way to say this, "I need to go back and work."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jihoon asked, sounding hurt. 

You bit your lip, not knowing how to say this properly without hurting him even more. 

"Sorry. . .I just got a bit busy," You told him. 

"Too busy to even text me," Jihoon accused. 

"How did you find out?" You asked. 

"Your mom told my mom who told me," Jihoon said, "Do you know how much that hurts? That my best friend is leaving the country and I have to find out from a third party." 

"Jihoon," You close your eyes once more and say, "I'm sorry you had to find out like this and I'm sorry I hurt you but. . . but-I think this is for the best." 

There was a brief silence from the other side of the phone before Jihoon spoke, "What do you mean?"

"Look. . .I-I'm not planning on returning to Korea permanently any time soon and you also have a very stable career. We both have moved on with our lives. I-I think it's for the best if we just move on from each other too." 

"W-what? Where is this coming from?" Jihoon asked. 

"I-I had thought that everything would be perfect once I saw you again but seeing you again just reminded me how you have moved one. From us, from me. It's too painful for me to just pretend I'm fine and I don't want to strip you of your happiness," You continue, your voice breaking. 

"So this is your solution? Running away?" Jihoon said. 

"I'm not running away, I'm moving on," You clarified, "Jihoon, our friendship is truly something that I will treasure for the rest of my life but we both aren't just meant to be." 

When there was no immediate reply, you say, "I need to go Jihoon. Thank you so much for everything. And, I hope you will always stay happy."

There was silence once again before Jihoon finally said, "Y/N. . . I hope you find your happiness too." 

I've been watching all the concert clips and videos on Youtube and I so badly wanna go to a concert and see them live. I literally am praying I get tickets cause they are popular where I live and I know its going to be like a battle trying to get tickets.