Fifty One

Jo

        "Daddy will be home soon, love." I mumbled to myself, rubbing over the thin fabric of the t-shirt I had on, tightly clinging to my tiny bump. I was talking to the baby, Luke and I's baby, but the more I denied it, the more I realized I was talking to myself.

I knew the things Luke got himself into. He wasn't a church boy, nor one who had everything handed to him. He had to work for the things he wanted, and in his case, the things he did were not always sunshine and rainbows.

Pacing around the hotel room got boring, and I had specific orders not to leave the room unless it was an emergency. Even then, I was to call Luke before anything. He had me on a leash, and here I was at 10:57 pm pacing around the tiny hotel room, craving affection - Luke's affection.

I was amazed, in all honestly. With everything thats happened between Luke and the baby, everything is working out as it should. Im having a child with Luke, who loves me. Im having a some what healthy and steady relationship with this man, the one who used me, the one who I convinced loved me.

He did. I knew he did. Luke loved me.

Speaking of, moments later the creaking door swung open, hitting against the wall roughly before being slammed shut, locked, and a heavy breathing Luke storming across the tiny spaced room after throwing a handful of black duffle bags to the floor. I opened my mouth to say something, yet nothing came out. Luke was clearly angry, and I didn't know how to handle the situation.

Instead of speaking, or sparking the fire bigger then it already was, I waited until Luke sat on his bed, head in heads, before crossing the room, placing myself on his lap. Instantly, his arms wound around my waist, his cheek resting on my shoulder. No words were spoken between the two of us, just complete and utter silence, which we seemed to need.

"I want to leave." Luke mumbled, his hands roaming my body soothingly, his lips pressing slightly to my shoulder. "I want us to leave, go far far away." I glanced at Luke, my hand running swiftly through his blonde hair, my eyes glued to his which were focused on the floor.

"We can go far far away, Luke. We can," He adjusted his position, his hand slightly running over the roundness of my stomach, his breath pausing as he focused on what was underneath. "Now, Jo." I was confused at first, that was until his eyes met mine, and the seriousness settled in.

Everything made sense when he looked at me.

"I want to go far far away, now. We need to now, Johanna." I briefly nodded, only in time for Luke to swiftly lift me off his lap and place me on the bed, rushing around the room and packing our things. I went to get up and help, saving the questions for later, but Luke ushered me back onto the bed, a quick kiss settled onto my forehead.

Curiosity got the best of me as I glanced at the bags set on the floor, the same ones Luke threw earlier in a rush to get in the hotel room. I had wondered what was in the bags. Drugs? Possibly. Or maybe weapons. Like I said, Luke was not a church boy, yet he wasn't a devil either. For all I know the bags could be filled with clothes, but knowing Luke better then ever, there was something much more then clothes piled in those bags.

Luke moved fast, our clothes that were scattered throughout the hotel room now packed away, the only thing left being Luke's items, one's I never bothered to go through.

The numerous black bags catching my eye yet again, I slowly leaned towards them, bending down to their level. I felt Luke's stare on my back, yet he said nothing. I could see from the corner of my eye his bare feet only inches away from me, bags set just before him as he watched me in amusement.

My hand struggling to unzip the stuffed bag, my eyes scanned over what was underneath. It wasn't drugs, it wasn't weapons, and it wasn't clothes either.

"Jo,baby," Luke sighed, leaving me linger over the bag for a moment longer before helping me stand, his arms winding around my waist. "I forgot to ask you," A smile grew on his lips as his eyes took in my appearance, which wasn't it's best.

"How was your day, love?"

I smiled. I didn't know if it was because in the heat of the moment and Luke's current stressful state he paused this freight to ask me how my day was, or if it was because the numerous bags in our hotel room floor contained nothing but money.

In the bags were nothing but 100 dollar bills, stacked in piles and filling every square inch of the bag. There was enough money to last both Luke and I five lifetimes, and it was all ours.