thirty four

Jo

     7:08 pm

Brittney and I had spent all day together, and considering I would have to get used to it, I didn't put up a fight. I learned more about Brittney than what I had in the poorly constructed bathroom yesterday, and she was much like myself, which is why I think we get along so well.

From the time I woke up until now, I hadn't seen or even spoken to Luke once, and that was unusual compared to the past few weeks which have been constant sightings and conversations with him. I had to admit I missed him, and the second our bedroom door swung open, I couldn't have felt more happier.

Swinging my legs out from under me, my yellow and purple sock hit the cream coloured carpet, my eyes following Brittney who darted across the room to Michael, jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs firmly around his waist before the two disappeared off into a bedroom that I was hoping was not the one Luke and I were sharing.

Following suite, Ashton and Calum made their way in to the house, a serious look set on their faces. Both their jaw lines were clenched, their fists skinned and a sign of dry blood on the surface. Ashton didn't bother saying anything, storming past where I was and went to his room, where as Calum simply nodded, giving me a small smile and heading past to his room much like Ashton had.

Figuring Luke would be the next person in the house, I went up to stand until Marcus walked through the door, rushing past me to his room which was located the farthest from Luke and I's, moments later hauling out a large suite case and a duffle bag.

"Johanna," Marcus nodded, dropping his bags outside the door, briefly keeping it open with his hand. "I'll be back in a few days. Please, watch the boys." I hesitantly nodded, hearing Luke's voice outside the door curse, Marcus briefly glancing over his shoulder. "They know what they have to do. It get's done." I nodded, his voice serious and in all fairness, terrifying.

With that the door swung shut, only moments later for it to open and reveal a tired looking Luke. He had on his usual black skinnies, black vans, a black vans t shirt, a red plaid top, and finished with a simple snapback.

At the sight of me he instantly threw the hat on the nearest table, his long legs striding over to where I was seated, bending before me. "You good?" I nodded, one hand running through his slightly messy hair while the other landed on my thigh.

I had noticed like the other boys hand's Luke's were cut and bruised, and my fingers found their way to cradle Luke's hand, running the tips of my fingers over the wounds. "Are you?" I glanced up to see Luke smiling like an idiot, using his free hand to push him self off the ground and sit beside me, the heat from his body radiating to mine.

"Now I am." He smiled down at me, his blue eyes continuing to watch as I played with his hand. "Where did Marcus go?" I sounded out the faint noise of the t.v playing, unsure of what had even been on considering Brittney and I were in deep conversation. "Had to take care of some things," I nodded, letting Luke's hand fall freely on my lap. "You don't need to worry about him." I kept the faintest smile on my lips, shifting seats so I was now facing Luke, my legs once again crossed under me.

"It's not him I worry about, Luke." I sighed, Luke's teeth bitting into his bottom lip, engulfing his lip ring. "Jo," Luke's cut hand found its way to my cheek, his thumb softly rubbing over the surface before slipping behind my neck, toying with strands of my hair. "You don't need to worry about me, either." I nodded, the mere thought at the back of my head that I infact did need to worry. 

I didn't know what Luke went out to do everyday, hell, for all I know he could have just beat someone to death, and the money he stole from him could be used to by our groceries this week. "I won't do anything that would result in hurting you." I simply glanced at his bruised knuckles, a pair of lips pressing faintly to my forehead.

"I'm sorry, baby. I really am." All I could do was sit there, enjoying Luke's arms wrapped tightly around my shoulders. "He swung at us first, okay? He owed a lot of money and his motive was to hurt us and flee. I'm sorry if this bothers you, and I won't ever talk about it around you, okay?" Instead of nodding I shook my head, my hands falling onto Luke's lap.

"I want to know what happens. You can tell me," I paused, my tongue running over my lips. "You can tell me anything."

A real, genuine smile formed on Luke's lips, his hand continuing to play with my hair, which could put me to sleep in no time. "What did you do today?" I let out a small laugh, thinking back to my unproductive day. "Me and Brittney just hung out around the house." Luke nodded, watching me as if I was telling him the most interesting, secretive thing I could possibly say. He was intrigued, interested, and hadn't taken his eyes off of me. 

I admired that.

"Are you hungry?" I felt bad for not thinking of such sooner, immediately pulling myself from his grip and walking into the kitchen, digging though the empty cupboards for something quick to make, considering I didn't know when the last time he had ate was.

I could hear Luke's fairly loud footsteps behind me, a breeze of cool air whisking my way before the sound of drawers opening and closing caught my attention, Luke faintly calling my name. I turned to see Luke sitting at the table, two spoons and an ice cream container before him.

I sighed in defeat, shutting the cupboard door I had been looking through, making my way over to the chair beside him, only for his hand to wrap tightly around my wrist, tugging me towards him. As he opened the lid to my favourite, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, just as I placed my self on Luke's lap, collecting the spoons between my hands, handing him one in return.

It was fairly dark in the house, the only light source being the t.v screen and the light coming from outside, which shun perfectly to the area Luke and I were at. It was silent, and it was a comfortable silence, I could almost hear Luke's heart beat if I listened closely.

"I love you, Jo." Luke mumbled, a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth, and at this exact moment, I knew it was one I would never forget.

This was the first real moment Luke and I felt like a normal couple. Two people who are madly in love no matter how much they deny it, simply eating ice cream at a fair sized table in a pretty crappy home, but none of that mattered because It was with Luke.

I quickly pressed my lips against his, funny enough catching him off guard, before his hand slipped up from my thigh and wrapped around my waist, his hand sneaking in the pocket of my sweater, softly rubbing the surface below it.

"And I love you," He murmured against my neck, tapping at my stomach. In this moment, looking at Luke was one of the greatest things I've laid eyes on.

His eyes were fixated on me, his hand softly rubbing over what soon will be a baby- our  baby.