thirty two

Jo

        The longest two minutes of my life had been this very moment. I found my self pacing around the tiny bathroom, my stomach in knots.

Pregnancy tests are hopeful in either situation. Hopeful for positive, and in my case, negative.

The house we would be staying at for god knows how long was small, to small to hold all of us. Besides the boys, myself, and Marcus, there was another girl who had been here, who took no time to shove her tongue down Michael's throat the second he walked in the door.

I failed to take more then a two second look at her since I rushed to the washroom to take the test.

After what seemed to be thirty minutes but was really one, I had slid my back against the wall, curling up in the corner of the bathroom.

I had my life planned out since I was seven years old. I was excited to go to school and graduate with my diploma and start the rest of my life doing what I loved. I didn't plan on having drunken sex with a guy I didn't know the day before school started. Yet again, I also didn't plan on him recording it, either.

What in the hell was I doing? Running off with someone I barely knew. I told myself I would miss him. I needed him, when I could have gotten over him in the same time period it took us to have sex. Minutes.

Here I am, In Las Vegas with a group of people I barely know- who I might add are criminals. Luke makes me feel at ease, like he truly does mean something to me. But that something is starting to grow on me, and not in a good way.

I've known Luke for about two months now, and I can only cringe thinking back to how fast things have gone. I mean, he asked me to marry him. I'm nineteen  years old and should be in school, studying and working towards my future.

Instead, I'm hid away in a tiny house pressed against the wall of a dirty bathroom, awaiting my pregnancy test results. I hadn't even noticed I was crying until the door swung open, and quickly shut upon hearing my sobs.

Please don't be Luke. Anyone but Luke.

"It gets easier." I glanced to my right, a gorgeous, burgundy haired girl sitting beside me. "Excuse me?" I choked, steadying my shaking breaths. "This," She motioned around the tiny space, her hand rubbing my back. "It get's better. I was in your position before." My eyes went wide, my legs stretching out in front of me.

"You made a sex tape to?" I could tell she tried not to laugh, though it failed completely. "You and Luke made a sex tape?" She slapped her hand over her mouth, immediately taking back what she had said. "I mean," She sighed, mimicking my action and sitting down beside me.

I had noticed her outfit was very different from mine, and I would almost mistaken her for a prostitute by the way she dressed. I guess Michael was into that, no harm to Anna or anything.

"I thought Michael was the sweetest guy. He brought me flowers, would play with my hair, told me he loved me every night, and I had only known him for two weeks." She smiled, which quickly faded and was brought to a scowl. "That was until I found out his little plan." I waited for her to continue, curious as to what her story was, which was clearly different then mine.

"He was using me to get to my ex boyfriend. He owed Marcus some money, and the easiest route to him was through me." I felt bad for her, someone who seemed so sweet was taking advantage of. Ring a bell, anyone?

"He does love me. After everything, I couldn't let him go. He told me everything I needed to know and here I am." I glanced at the girl, the smile re appeared on her face. "But our love doesn't compare to yours."

My head began to ache, my cheeks dried with tears. "I can just tell how much Luke loves you just by looking at him. It's unreal" I rolled my eyes, almost hoping a laugh wouldn't slip my lips. "He recorded us having sex, then threatened me into doing anything he wanted. I wouldn't call that love." I scoffed, tugging at the ends of my hair. 

"Maybe not. But think of everything else. Look how Luke is, then compare that to how he is with you. Luke isn't a very, what's the right word ,nice guy. And Johanna," I didn't bother to ask how she knew my name, considering she clearly knew more about me then I would think. "Luke has never had a girlfriend. No matter what he tells you, he's never had a girlfriend, fallen in love, nothing. He told me once he would never as much look at a wedding ring, and mistake me if I'm wrong but, he asked you to marry him."

I sat in silence and thought of Luke. How much of an inconsiderate asshole he was, but then instantly thought of the time he took me to the park, where his mom used to take him. How he was told to take the girl he loves there. He took me.

"Marcus doesn't normally allow girlfriends and all that," she waved. "but one things forsure, he refuses marriage. The boys are to work for him, and please only him. Not a female." I chewed on my bottom lip, hearing the slightest bit of words outside the bathroom door, which had to do with both the unknown girl and I.

"Luke must have gone through hell to ask you to marry him, and by that I mean Luke must love you more then anything to risk asking such a question. There used to be five of them, you know." I watched the thin girl stand, placing her pale hand on the sink. "What happened?" I forced out, my tired eyes glancing up at her.

"He asked his girlfriend to marry him." She shrugged, mimicking the action of a gun in my direction. "Marcus is the most hard headed man you will ever meet." She rolled her eyes, plunging her hand in the sink. "Brittney, by the way."

Between her thin fingers was the pregnancy test, her thin lips parting slightly. "What's one line mean?" My heart skipped a beat, just as her arm extended before me, handing me down the piece of plastic as I shook my head no.

Her warm eyes turned into a hopeful look, a sigh escaping her lips. "Like I said, it get's better." With that, the girl, Brittney, left the bathroom and shut the door behind her, my heart falling into my stomach, which was about to explode at any given minute.

Between my pale hands was the pregnancy test I bought earlier, two lines- clearly painted on the screen telling me the only thing I didn't want to hear. What I mistaken for my period was in fact common when your pregnant, or so they say. 

Guess what, your pregnant! Good luck with that, Johanna.

Alright so - I am re editing this and a lot of people said how gross it was to have sex when Jo was on her period. A few things here:

1. It happens, and it is normal, so I'm sorry if you were disgusted or what not, but it happens.

2. If you didn't already realize with the update, she was not on her period. The blood simply was a sign of pregnancy, which could have happened earlier on in their relationship.

Anyways, I hope your all enjoying! Feel free to message me anytime