twenty two

Jo

        Taking a seat down beside Luke might have been hard, but biting my tongue from saying anything was even worse.

My head spun in nothing but anger, my face flushed red from how mad I really was.

"Miss Smith," The dean spoke hesitantly, her hand barely covering one of the thousands of papers that covered the school. "Mr. Hemmings." She glanced towards him, something I hadn't done since earlier today.

"Will one of you please explain this?" She visibly held up the photo, and my cheeks heat up yet again, and not from embarrassment. Her hawk eyes glaring at the two of us, the silence in the room was so unbearable I almost broke.

Why should I fess up to something I didn't know I was apart of? For a while, that was. With the thoughts building up in my head, it made me believe I was as much apart of this as Luke was, I just wasn't as stupid, was I?

"Johanna," Luke's voice cracked, and this was the first time I had looked over at him since I got in here, and I almost wished I hadn't.

His bottom lip quivered, his tooth continuing to bite down on his piercing, which had so many times been attached to my lips. His eyes were swollen, slightly red and you could easily tell he had been crying.

His hand reached out to mine, trembling over my thigh where my hands were folded in my lap, brushing the surface before I turned away, pulling his hands back to himself, where he placed his elbows on his knees, burying his head into his hands.

"You two were both aware a month ago of the consequences if we found who was in this tape," My heart raced in my chest, silent sobs coming from beside me. "And you were both aware of your situation." She glared at me, tapping her manicured nail against the surface of the photo.

"Keeping you two in this school will bring nothing but bad reports" My knee shook violently, the tears threatening to spill. How does a nineteen year old tell her parents she got kicked out of one of the best schools for being in a sex tape?

You don't.

"You can work on whatever you two seem to have and not let anything else get in the way." Her voice was monotone, though you could hear the anger dripping from each word miles away. "Please," I cut her off, my breathe hitching in my throat.

"I have no other choice but to expell both of you." A tear rolled down my cheek, and the last thing I heard was Luke's angry voice muttering profanities before I walked from the office, tears pouring down my face. 

As I made my way back to my dorm, I didn't get by to easily without  the odd 'that's the girl from the sex tape' whisper. I couldn't help but agree as I took a long walk of shame to find the one person I had to say goodbye too,

Anna.