Fifty four

Jo

     Hours later and not one word spoken since, Luke and I arrived at an all to familiar place.

It was still raining, in fact it had came down in buckets before it died down, then repeated its process. Currently, it was raining slightly, washing over the bright green hills. There was no one in sight, most likely since it was raining. I, on the other hand, had a feeling if there had been anyone here, they were sure to leave with a bad feeling in the pit of their stomach.

I was thinking the exact same thing at this very moment.

Stepping foot out of the car, I inhaled the scent of wet grass, rain cascading over my body, causing my clothes to cling tightly to my fragile body.

Luke didn't get out of the car, in fact, he didn't move an inch. He sat, hands on the wheel, frozen in place. His eyes were slim almost as if he was thinking deeply, back to the time Luke and I were at this exact place.

It was raining then, and it was raining now. I remember the day Luke told me he loved me. It was in this exact park. The day he poured his heart out, and I couldn't give anything in return. Nothing except my love.

That was the day I realized I loved Luke, just as much as he said he loved me.

The difference between then and now was that the first time we took in the scenery, walking hand in hand and enjoying the moment, we were happy. At least, I was. Now, now was a time I'd never in a million years think I would evolve myself into. Now, now would decide If I lived or died.

I was nineteen years old, pregnant, engaged, on the site of possibly every porn website, and I knew very well the chances of me living after today was slim. So slim, I would be let back into the school I was kicked out from before I lived to see another day.

That wasn't what scared me, though. It was Luke.

As crazy as it seems, I loved him with all my heart and more. I had a love so deeply for him it hurt. Why? I don't think I'd ever know. There's something there, a strong pull that gravitates me towards him. I couldn't leave, not even if I wanted to.

The pull was there now. I knew Marcus was here, under the tree Luke and I shared a blissful kiss just after the told me he loved me. Luke knew he was, and I had put my trust in him.

Marcus knew Luke's every move, thinking he was always one step ahead. Luke knew he'd bring me back to place it all began. Luke was not only one step ahead but two, and everything is supposed to go as planned.

Luke frozen in his seat, I knew well enough he was regretting every last moment between us, where we've came from. We were supposed to have a normal, happy family. A family everyone dreams of. In Luke's world, there was no such thing as normal. No such thing as happy.

The water from my hair dripping down my face, I felt my makeup begin to run as Luke swung open his door, his head slightly nodding for me to go over. Doing as he pleased, doing what I always did, I followed his instructions, throwing either leg around his, straddling his lap.

I waited for his arms to wound around my waist, but they didn't. In fact, it seemed as if he was trying his hardest not to touch me. I failed to do such, though. Immediately, my arms wrapped and locked at the back of his neck, my lips meeting with his.

They were cold, wet, and held nothing but anger as they meshed with mine. I didn't want it any other way.

Still, his arms didn't move from his side, the only contact being made was his lips on mine, his chest thumping with my own as the kiss grew deeper.

He pulled away, though. He pulled away quickly, shaking his head in the process. "No," He whispered, the back of his hand wiping at his lips. "I can't." A smile grew on my lips, my fingers toying with his blonde locks.