Fourty Nine

Jo

        Awakening the next morning was rougher then I thought it would be. Luke and I ran away to be alone. To escape the mess we were in and to be freely, and willingly, I thought everything would be alright.

I was wrong, though I wasn't surprised.

It was just after five a.m, and piercing pains in my stomach awoken my deep sleep, and in all the past scenarios, I was guilty to say I had almost forgot I was carrying a child. Almost. My hand flew to clutch my pain filled stomach, groans escaping my dry lips.

Beside me, Luke shuffled in the thin bed sheets before turning to face me, his eyes barely able to open. "Jo?" I disregarded his call and pushed the sweat filled sheets off my legs, to reveal my bare, sweaty filled skin. "Jo?" Luke was louder this time, and seemed more awake.

The bed sunk beside me, creaking with every movement as Luke sat upright, his hand reaching out towards my back. "What's wrong love?" Luke hadn't seemed to fully understand what was wrong, and frankly neither did I.

His long arm wrapped around my back and reached for the lamp on the side table, the tiny amount of light barely lighting up the tiny room, but it was just enough for Luke and I to see each other. "Shit." Worry filled his voice, the pain moving from my stomach to my head. "Is it the baby?" I managed a mere nod before Luke jumped over my limp body and stood beside the bed, one hand running through his hair in frustration.

"What," Luke mumbled, my legs swinging over the edge of the bed in efforts to stand up. Luke's large t shirt clung to my sweaty body as I attempted in standing, my body collapsing instantly once I tried. Luke's strong arms wrapped around my waist in a hurry, a gasp pushing through his plump lips. "Babe, take it easy." He coughed, sitting me back on shitty excuse of a bed.

"Luke," I groaned, his knees cracking as he bent to my level, his hands pushing towards my stomach. His fingers wrapped around the fabric of his shirt before lifting up the material, his free hand running along the fragile skin. "It's okay," He cooed, "It's okay."

Moment's later the pain died down, Luke's soothing words and pleasured gestures putting me into a calming state, my breathing now to a normal pace. "I'm going to get you some water." I nodded, watching as his lanky body walked to the opposite side of the room, turning on the light switch before disappearing into the bathroom.

"I'm going to take you to the doctors tomorrow." Luke shouted from the bathroom. I didn't bother answering, knowing it was the right thing to do. I hadn't been back since I was told I was able to give birth to one of my children, and I knew I was well past due.

"I'm worried." Again I didn't answer, instead I once again attempted in standing up, this time completing the process. Slowly and carefully I walked over to the duffle bags collapsed the door, digging through one I believed would hold any medication to help the pain.

"Jo?" Luke shouted, the tap running through the pipes loud enough that I was able to hear it through the walls. "Yeah," I mumbled, dumping a large quantity of items onto the floor as I began to dig further into the bag.

I came across stray clothing, water bottles, a heaping wad of cash, yet no advil. Shuffling coming from the other side of the room, my hands collapsed on a sheet of paper, which in hindsight caught my attention.

I brought the ripped sheet up towards my face, my eyes scanning the words printed across it. I wouldn't have bothered reading it until I seen my name, alongside the word contract. The more I read, the more I longed for a bottle of advil. The more I read, the sicker I felt.

I was almost glad the page was ripped directly from my hands so I didn't have to read anymore, but a part of me wanted to finish. A part of me always wondered about Luke, and my suspicions rose once again. "Johanna," Luke's voice was heavy, and we both knew he was in the wrong.

"What the hell is that, Luke?" I pushed my self from the ground, denying Luke's request to help. "I, I can explain." His cheeks flushed, and the tiny room seemed to shrink in size, suffocating Luke and I towards one another. "Then explain!" My voice was louder then It's ever been around Luke, and that scared me. "Explain to me what this god damn contract is Luke."

A few brief moments of silence later Luke's mouth opened, yet nothing came out. Not even a simple sound. "Tell me, Luke. Tell me now." His tongue ran over his lips, his eyes scanning over the paper I wished I hadn't had to have found. Not like this.

"As long as the contract lasts, I get paid. We need the money, Johanna." My eyes glued to the floor, it was only a matter of time before Luke's bare feet disappeared across the room, only moments later for them to be right infront of mine.

"This isn't an option." His voice was harsh, and It only sent my anger into overdrive. "Neither was I," I growled. "I was nothing but money to you, Luke. I was nothing but a stupid, piece of fuc-" Luke's lips smashed onto mine, causing my legs to fumble back, now pressed against the wall. His kiss was rough, his touch even rougher. It felt as if all the tension was draining off into this kiss, and if you asked me truthfully, I didn't mind.

"You are so god damn bad Johanna." Luke growled, his lips roughly brushing over mine. His hands roamed my body, gripping and squeezing as tightly as it possibly seemed. "You never trust me, you never listen, you never will understand how fucking much I love you." He growled, his voice at an ultimate low. One hand tightly gripping my butt, his free hand was brought up to my face, his index finger tracing my jaw before his had intertwined with my hair, roughly tugging at the ends. "I didn't ask you to marry me because your name meant thousands of dollars every time I banged you senseless. I asked you to marry me because I love you. I fucking love you, Johanna." My lip quivered, his eyes growing dark.

"Your going to trust me, your going to listen to me, and your start to see how much I love you. Got it?" My head stayed still until Luke's hand forced me to nod, a smirk rising on his lips. "Your going to be a good girl, baby. Your a good girl unless I say so." My lips tugged to mirror Luke's, a smirk making its way to my face. "I want you to be bad when the cameras are rolling. When were making money to raise our baby, to do all the things you've ever wanted. Your going to be bad, real bad. I know you can do that, Johanna."

His hand tugging my hair back, my head slightly tapped the wall as Luke's lips pressed firmly to my neck, sucking and bitting at the skin. "I'm in control Johanna, and you do as I say." His tongue ran across the skin of my neck, leading up to my jaw and towards my lips.

"Luke dosen't like it when Johanna plays around," His dark eyes passed mine before his head swooped into the crook of my neck, his lips tugging at my ear. "Unless it's in bed." A firm shove against Luke's body and a rough, much wanted kiss sent me over the edge, Luke's heavy and warm breath fanning my face.

"All the contract means is love, Jo. We make sex tapes, we sell them, and we make money. I don't know about you, but sex, money, and you are my three favourite things." Although Marcus had said selling sex was out of the plan, it was still apart of Luke's. 

Back to the first tape we ever made, there was a reason it was dark. Not only to blur out the faces before it flooded around campus, it was to keep his identity to himself. He was smart, alot smarter then I had thought.

You didn't need to see the faces, just the sex, and that's what we've been doing.

A playful smirk rose on my lips, Luke's thumb grabbing them in his hand. "I fucking love you." The smile on my face took the words right out of his mouth, his eyes narrowing down in my direction.

"This is my world Johanna, you agreed to be apart of it." Luke's soft gestures turned rough once again, his hands grabbing my wrists and holding them above my head, his lips brushing against every part of my body they could possibly reach. "This is what you wanted, right?" His cold stare met mine, a childish smile lingering on our faces. Luke was in control, and I don't know who liked that more.

"This is what I wanted."