fourty one

Jo

        "It was Michael." Luke's facial expression reflected my own, pale, hurt, and shocked. "What was Michael?" Luke questioned, fumbling with his fingers.

The second everyone left the house and Luke and I were left alone I decided it was the right, and frankly my only time to tell Luke the truth.

"The night I was beat up. It was Michael." A long, twenty seconds of pure terror took over the room, Luke's tongue swiftly running over his plump lips. "No," he murmured, shaking his head. "Michael wouldn't do that." I scuffed, standing from my position on the couch.

"Think about it, Luke! He's never been fond of me, and all the sudden he wants to take me out to dinner? No one else was there, Luke. Just Michael and I." Luke's expression turned livid, his pale cheeks turning red.

"He's my friend. He wouldn't do that." His voice was dark, and his expressions matched his voice perfectly. "Why are you lying, Johanna!" Tear's began to hit my eyes, pain emitting in my stomach. "I, I'm not lying, Luke! It was Michael!" I groaned, Luke's large hand grabbing the nearest object- which happened to be a lamp, and threw it across the room.

"Your pathetic, Jo. You can't even tell me the truth, why should I stay with you?" His voice lowered, though got deeper by each word. "I don't even know why I'm still with you." A smile appeared on his face, the silent room filling with moans and hushed calls of the words faster and harder, recalling our sex tape.

"You mean nothing to me, Johanna. You were nothing but a victim in a sex tape. You are nothing more."  My hand grasped the fabric of my shirt as I rose from my current position, my heart thumping a million times more then it should be.

Sweat rolled down my forehead, my free hand running over the surface of my stomach. I instantly smelled Luke, and began to think it was the shirt I was wearing of his until his soft snores grabbed my attention, his lanky body laying next to mine, as close as it possibly could be.

It was just a dream, Jo. I muttered to myself, my lips briefly pressing to Luke's forehead before quietly exiting the room and making my way to the kitchen.

I had assumed the house was empty apart from Luke and I, though took precautions when I rummaged through the cabinets to find a cup, not wanting to awaken Luke. I proceeded to open the fridge door, filling my cup up with water before setting the jug back into its original spot, closing the door behind me.

I let the cool liquid run down my throat, soothing the dryness and much needed thirst, my hand trembling to hold the glass cup.

Gripping the counter with my free hand to maintain my balance, I soon lost the time I had alone to get over the crucial dream when two hands locked me against the counter, and I knew for a fact those hands did not belong to Luke.

Startled, I dropped the half empty cup, water and glass shattering over the floor, my stomach pressed tightly against the cold rim of the counter. "Hi, Johanna." A voice hissed, my heart picking back up its abnormal speed. "Michael." I growled, pushing him off me, backing to the other side of the room, which sadly was not far enough.

"Have a bad dream?" I did what I could not to look at him, glancing at the clock to see it was later then I had expected. "What do you want?" I managed to ask, though in all honest, I didn't want an answer.

"Nothing," He shrugged, catching a glimpse of a smirk rise on his face. "just making sure you haven't told our little secret?" I could sense the smile in his face, and I managed to supply everything but a smile.

"He deserves to know." My eyes attached to the floor, a pair of familiar shoes stepped onto the tile I had been interested in, warm breath fanning my face. "Jo, Jo," Michael laughed, his rough hand running over my cheek, which was covered in tear stains and sweat.

"I really thought you were smarter then that." He snorted, my face turning away from his reach. "Yet again, you still believe Luke actually loves you." Michael had grabbed my attention, and he knew he had aswell.

"You are such a sweet, innocent girl, who deserves to know the truth. Luke used you, and you are fully aware of that. You were an easy target for Luke to make money. He payed off his father's dept by screwing you." I had prayed for Luke to wake up, or someone to walk through the door, but this isn't a movie, and I wouldn't be getting what I wanted. At least, not that easily. 

"Luke doesn't give a crap about you or that stupid baby of yours." Michael scuffed, glancing down to the noticeable bump that always seemed to be in pain. "I bet he would be glad to find out I beat the shit out of you and his child." I stepped further back, running into the tiny table which slid across the floor, surely making a lot of noise.

"Your lying." I choked, my breathing heavy and to quick for me to catch up with. "The only person who is lying is you Johanna. To yourself." I made an attempt to catch my breath, which was pulled right from me when Michael yet again began to speak.

"He doesn't love you." His index finger traced my shoulder. "He doesn't love your baby." Down to my arm, leaving goosebumps as he did such. "He never did Johanna, so why would he now?" His dry lips brushed against the lobe of my ear before he was pulled out of my reach, Luke hovering over the two of us.

I didn't know if I should be happy or nervous, and I almost prayed he hadn't been here the whole time. 

"Luke!" Michael pretended to be surprised, a grin tugging at his lips. "I'm really glad your here," Luke continued to look at Mike, and not once at me. "I was just telling Johanna how you feel about her." Michael's dark eyes wandered over to where I was standing, before facing back towards his so called 'friend'.

"Go on, Luke. Tell her how much you love her." Michael's arm wrapped around Luke's shoulder briefly, before he used the same arm to clutch his stomach in laughter. "I told you," He laughed, standing back into his earlier position.

"Luke can't say it because it's not true. He doesn't love you, Johanna." I had wished I was asleep, and was having a dream like earlier, but I knew this was real. Standing here, waiting for Luke to say something, Michael tormenting me, this was as real as it got.

Everything Michael had said was true, and I could barely look at Luke, and I could say the same for him.

"But, you asked me to marry you?" I fumbled, Michael speaking for Luke. "Nothing's hotter then a newly wed sex tape. Make's you tons." Michael's hand mimicked the action of accepting cash, Luke continuing to stand still and say absolutely nothing.

Absolutely nothing.