fourty five

Jo

        The fabric of the little black dress I was wearing hugged my figure tightly and snug, causing numerous people of the male gender to stare. I felt slightly self conscious, hugging my tan coat tighter around my body.

Luke seemed to notice, slipping his hand from my own and wrapping it tightly around my waist, almost as tight as the dress I was deemed to wear out.

Marcus had suggested it would be nice if we all went out for the evening to a high-class restaurant over an hour out of town, considering a group of known criminals in the town of Las Vegas were the last people I wanted to be seen out with, especially when the meals cost more then my college tuition. (Not really, but you know what I mean.)

 I knew Marcus did not want to have a simple evening out, and I most likely would be finding out something I didn't want to know by the end of the night. Luke pulling out my chair for me, I nodded at his honourable gesture, and took my seat in between Calum and Luke.

Marcus had directly chosen the seat across from me, and I had a feeling it was on purpose. Noneless an hour later, I found my guilty thoughts and unwelcoming gestures to be one hundred and ten percent true.

"So, Johanna." Marcus coughed, glancing around the dining filled room. The restaurant was more then classy, filled with middle aged men and women dressed to high extremes, laughing and drinking champagne like you see in the movies.

"I hear you have something to tell us." I coked my head to the side, the boys eyeing in anticipation. "What would that be?" I questioned, nicely I may add, due to Marcus paying for the highly expensive meal.

Luke's hand squeezed my inner thigh as Marcus dug through his blazer jacket, a smug look on his face. Seconds later, a familiar tan folder was placed before me, sitting dead center of the table. "When were you going to let us know your amazing news." He smiled, one I knew all to well. A smile that meant trouble.

"What's he talking bout, babe?" Luke muttered, his accent highly sticking out as he went for the folder the same time I had. His hand reaching it first, I hesitantly pulled mine back as he opened the folder, numerous papers and pictures falling onto the table.

He removed his hand slowly, picking up the first visible image in sight. My face began to grow hot, my hands sweating as they collided with one another. "Um," I coughed, the boys directing their attention between Luke and I.

"I thought?" Luke glanced towards me, the picture shaking in his hand. "What is it, mate?" Ashton asked, the boys curious as to what Luke was looking at. I knew Marcus was planning a scheme, and he got his wish of myself being thrown under the bus.

"Jo is pregnant." Michael smiled, a large, innocent, and seemingly sinister smile. "Turns out she was pregnant with two, but the attacker managed to rid one." My eyes darted across the table, Michael's head rested in his hands, his eyes smiling in my direction.

"Now, now," Marcus couched, Calum giving me a rub on the back, as if he was saying I'm happy for you, Jo! You're actually having a baby!

"Johanna." Luke cut Marcus off, who did not look pleased. At all. "Save the fighting for another time. We are here to celebrate the future child of Johanna and Luke." Marcus raised his half empty glass, everyone except Luke and I participating.

"Also," He coughed, downing the rest of his drink. "Can't forget to celebrate the engagement." Ashton and Calum's hands fell limp, there mouths hanging open. "Your getting married?" Calum gaped, A smile growing on Ashton's face.

"When did this all happen?" Ashton chimed in, my stomach twisting into knots. "I would like to know that myself." Marcus' words sent the whole table in silence, awkward glances shared between the bunch.