Behind the Scar

A story behind the Scar

He put her down to the bed and cover her with the quilt. He leave the room immediately after he blew the candles and close the room, clutching his chest for it felt somewhat calm, like it just release a big problem and the weight was lifted a bit. He didn't know what it was but he hope it's not a bad feeling ,it felt amazing to the point that he want to experience this forever but happiness is not for him.

He is the Vigilant Prince and his job is to make other miserable, yes that's what it is.

He held his sword tightly, Armin came inside of his house with a questioning look written all over his face. The blonde man wanted to ask but Eren seems lost in his own world to give attention towards him but he still did it anyway, he shut the door a little louder.

"Are you ok? Your not sick are you?" He ask, walking closer towards him. " I've close the deal with the Baron. We'll attack Marley soon but have you heard the rumours?"

" What rumours?" He ask, curious. What rumours are spreading right now?

"It's between Paradis and Marley.
Eren... They are teaming up against you and add the rumour that you killed the princess by feeding her to your python but anyway, what's the point of them fighting you, they will down on their knees anyway."

" Are you sure nobody see you lurking around the streets of Shiganshina?" He ask, he didn't want all his plans to go down into nothing. Armin shakes his head and sigh.

"No one saw me in Shiganshina."

"That's not what your face suggests." Eren glared at him.
" Your seeing that woman aren't you?"

Armin blushed nicely , he averted his eyes for him and let out a nervous laughter. "What are you talking about?"

"Are you sure he won't bait us? " Eren spoke calmly as he look at the other man's eyes. It was intimidating enough that it makes him gulp down his saliva.
"After all, nobody stays loyal when they are on a hard situation."

"I'm sure his name will be drag down with us if the king found out. The shipment will happen at dawn so I'll go and meet him." Armin smiled a little, " Don't worry about anything else our vessels is strong enough to take them down, Just saying it's an unfair fight and lastly you almost loss against that woman."

" Nobody wins.."

" Still, doesn't it hurt your ego?" Armin forced himself not to laugh hard when Eren glared at him. " Ok, I'm sorry. Your pride is not hurt, your good, your good!" Armin breaths out a sigh. " Eren, as I've heard Paradis and Marley is teaming up against you. No matter how strong you are or our Vassals we would still loose."

" Are you afraid?" He ask.

" No, the thing is Reiner is alive and your brother had been planning something." Armin stretch his arms. " Anyway, Eren. Your scar looks like it's healing.".

" Scars don't heal, it's already imprinted for the rest of my life." Eren said in a gloomy tone matched with drowsy eyelids.

"Right." Armin said awkwardly.

_____

"Father, he wants to take your positions away from you. The council had been planning to take you out. " The young Eren interupted, going in the room with a loud bang. He panted, everyone look at him. It's either the surprise or mockery present in their facial expressions.

"Prince, you shouldn't be here." One of the people from the council said with a terrified expression on his face. " Please go out immediately."

"What are you doing here Eren?" Grisha said in a threatening voice, standing up from his throne and looking at his son . Eren become terrified, intimidated by his father's presence.

"Father," he spoke slowly, his eyes were getting blurry because of the tears that is threatening to escape.

"Stand if you are my son." King Grisha yelled and the poor prince trembled in fear. " You are not my child if you are that weak so come on and fight me."

How could he? The king is too big for him to take down. He is just a mere kid so when his father step up a bit, he backed away.

"Father, stop!" He yelled in an ear piercing tone. He fell to the ground, holding his bleeding right eye. In that moment he didn't know what to feel.

Should he cry? But this is nothing compared to seeing his grandmother's die infront of him?

___________

He run his hand over the scar across his right eye and sigh. " The pain would go away but it's Mark wouldn't, it would be imprinted for the rest of my life."

Those words were deep , he didn't mean the scar across his right eye, he means the pain in his heart that made him learn his lesson. That made him who he is, stronger now and maybe better now.

"Eren, not only will this be hard but also this will be a long battle, are you ready to step back to the place you hate the most?"

" You will only know if you face it, get ready Armin."

" Fine, I'm readying that for years anyway. I haven't seen Mikasa for a while. It's good to have a chat with her again ."

Speaking of,

" Armin, what are you telling her? "

"Umm.. She must know Eren , this involve her family. You attack their country, well technically us but you.. ugh, whatever. You take her away from her family and she didn't even know why, and well.. hehe, let's just say that some information slip my mouth about those but even so now... She knows but, don't worry she doesn't know all so you can chill or maybe not? "