Dubiety

Dubiety

He tried recalling what happens years ago over and over again in his mind but something just doesn't seem right at all, he clench his hands because he is confuse, he didn't know what to do

He tried recalling what happens years ago over and over again in his mind but something just doesn't seem right at all, he clench his hands because he is confuse, he didn't know what to do. His breaths were irregular and eye bags are starting to show up in his eyes. The face she painted and the person he sees in his memory is not the same at all.

He gritted his teeth and stood up, leaving his room to have some fresh air of the midnight air. He look at the side were the painting is carefully put in. He stared at it, even now that he is face to face with the painting, this man and the man in his memory is different. The person in his memory is bald, the man in the painting isn't and that is not the only thing that makes his question it.

That memory feels like an Oblivion that doesn't feel like an Oblivion.

Eren clenched his teeth in annoyance, he shouldn't be forgetting that. Infact, he didn't but it was just a very long time ago and his mind seems to trick him now. Here he is, being confuse.

Dubiety, that is what he is now. The exact description about him right now. He click his tongue and look at the painting again. It really want him, if it wasn't the Emperor of Hizuru then who did it?

Who did that?
Who would attack them and use Hizuru?

If he found that person, he will snap that person in half. Eren wanted to shout in anger and agony but it is midnight and he will wake up his remaining Vassals. Eren clenched his hands to contain his anger.

He must find out the truth about the death of his grandmother. He must know the real person who killed him, he was given a false information, a false information that comes from his younger self. Is his memory becoming dull now?
But the ship had a logo of Hizuru, this is confusing.
If it wasn't the emperor then who did it?

"Your still awake?" The soft voice, he found himself shifting his attention towards her. She smiled at him, the red scarf is tightly hanging on her neck like a precious posssession. " Can't sleep?"

"Why else would I be awake then except for I can't sleep?"

Mikasa rolled her eyes and scratch herself, she's visibly tired and yet here she is, annoying him. "A myth says that if you can't sleep then someone is definitely thinking of you. "

" And who would think of me? " He ask coldly, his voice lacks emotion, and his body become stiff.

"Your mother.... Or maybe the sharks down there. " She pointed on the sea and chuckles. " I'm sure they will like how you tasted."

A few minutes of silence go by....

"That's your grandfather?" He pointed at the painting behind them, Mikasa look at him with shame visible on her expression. She look down, closing her eyes before nodding.

"If you don't want to see it then I will put it somewhere else. You just have to tell me, I know you hated seeing that face because if what happened years ago." She began to panick, her voice is shaky as shame began to consume her. " I'll--"

"No, it's fine." He replied , taking a deep breath.

Her eyes widen in shock and she look at the painting again but still her face is sad, she didn't understand. " Just tell me if you don't want to see it." She cup his face, " I know it, my grandfather killed your grandmother."

" No, your grandfather did nothing wrong Mikasa." Mikasa look at him with a puzzled expression, her mouth is hang open.

"What do you mean, it's not him?" Though, she feels glad it wasn't him confusion had taken over her, for all she knew is her grandfather killed her grandmother.

"I think some of my memories are buried to Oblivion." He sigh and look at the painting. " My mind is decieving me and it's messing me up."

" What?" She immediately sat down, looking at him with a hopeful expression. " It's not my grandfather?" Relief could be heard from her voice.

She took his hands and put it with hers as she look up at him,puzzled as he is, Mikasa nodded and smiled at him.

"I'll help you find him and bring justice for your grandmother if it's not really my grandfather. We'll make the person who made you this awful,stupid, oik, pillock, bastard, prick man that you have become right now know the pain and suffering just like you've felt. I promise that to you."

" How many insults are there in that sentence?"

Mikasa smiled, at least he is listening to her. " Tell me if your ready to open up and I promise to help you. I'll be listening because that's the only thing I could offer to you."

Eren look at her as the cold wind breeze sway her hair, she look really beautiful as she smile at him and wave her hands.

Mikasa mouthed 'Goodnight' after that and close the door of her room. That moment his heart is on peace, he look at the silver moon and to the painting once again. Running his fingers through it as he tried remembering every detail of the killer's face.

If it's not her grandfather who killed his grandmother then who is it?

Who killed her beloved Grandmother?

Who forced Yui to say those hurtful words to him or was it even forced? Based on his facial expression it's not, he looks like he is holding those words for a very long time.

Who did that?

He clenched his hands , gritting his teeth in anger, he look back at her door and sighed. It seems to calm him down. He sat down on the barrel, bowing his head as exhaustion began to enter him but he couldn't stop himself from thinking.

A vassak came to his direction and shakes him.

"You've fallen asleep." He pointed the obvious out.

" Isn't obvious yet?" He ask, he stood up and went to his room leaving the poor vassal confused of his behavior.

__________________________________

Thank you for Reading
__________________________________