The Beginning of the End III

" Father," Mikasa called for her father as she went inside his room, a sad smile plastered on her face as she look down at her father. The Emperor smiled at her and sit up from his bed, patting the empty space beside him for his daughter to sit in. Mikasa sat down beside we father and sigh, her sad smile shifted into a smile with guilt behind then. The King knows , he had always been so good at reading his daughter. She touched her hair and bit her lips.

"Tell me Mikasa." He simply told her as she look at him with surprise,

"...but would you judge me?" She said, hesitating to talk.

The king laugh at her, " ..ofcourse not, no matter what."

The Princess look at him with doubt. " Are you sure father?"

" I'm very sure Mikasa, so what is this about?" The King replied and ask, giving his daughter a loving gaze, one he knows that is comforting to her. After all, she is way closer to her father than to her mother. She sighed, she was nervous. Her heart is racing inside of her ribcage but she shake them all off as she look at her father.

" Father, I made a grave Mistake. No, no, I wouldn't call it a mistake really-- but to other's it was." She said, making her father puzzled of her words.

The king then sit properly as he look at his daughter with seriousness.

"What is this Mistake Mikasa?" The King ask his daughter, all gentleness in his voice gone and Mikasa had never felt this nervous in her entire life.

"I-- I love him! Yes, yes I know it's not good but that's what I felt about him and I know!!" She started panicking as she said those words to her father. The king looks at her, disbelief written all over his face.
He looks so shocked while looking at his daughter. Mikasa look at her father while biting her lips, she didn't want to hear what he will say about it and it seems like - based on his expression, she wouldn't like what he will tell her.

"Are you serious?" The Emperor said, he sighed while looking at her. " I don't know what your mother will feel about this."

"Father?" She called for him, the emperor then look at her.

" Don't worry, I will not tell your mother. I think you should be the one to tell her but if you can't just come to me." The Emperor smiled, " That's the only thing I could do for you, I believe that you should be the one telling your mother and brother about this. What is his name again?"

" Eren, Eren Yeager." She said his name with a smile and slightly blush.

The king nodded at her, " Well, look at you all grown up and starting to love someone other than your family and people but may I ask what makes you fall in love with him?"

"..."

" Ahh, that must've been a tough question to answer Mikasa." The Emperor chuckled, " After all, I can't describe how exactly I fell for your mother."

" But you said it was when Mother told you that your hair looks so soft." Mikasa replied while pointing at her father's blonde hair.

The Emperor then touched his hair with a blush on his face, " Well, that must be it really but I'm not sure, everything makes me fall inlove with her anyway."

Mikasa chuckled at her dad, he is the gentlest man she had ever known in her life. Those eyes that held love for his family, the way he looks at their mother and the way he gave advises to his children. He is a very wise man, she felt so happy knowing that she is his daughter.