Metanoia III

Metanoia III

   The wind is cold and their little festival seems to last forever. The fire crackers are still displayed on the sky, scattering it's colors and Mikasa just want to sleep right now, probably because if the alcohol she had drink but also because it's extremely late now. She took a look at him, he looks relaxed, he looks like a handsome prince right now and not like how she usually sees him. In their first met, she recalled that he looks like a drunken bastard  who likes molesting younger girls. Criminal looking guy with an ugly scar decorating his face.

He looks absolutely homeless, blobfish looking , torn little shit and all those insults she forced her mouth not to say or atleast not infront of him. She would like to consider his strength, he could keep up with her during a fight. Mikasa had not yet met the old man but she knows that the man trained him hard based on his phisique and he remind him if someone too. A kid, his facial expression do but not his attitude, the boy is a crybaby.
One touch and he will cry, she did touch him and he ended up crying.

"Mikasa.." he spoke her name and she look at him, one with a questioning look present in her face.

"What?"

"Your going to fall down if you continue spacing out and n o one will help you if you fall down." He said and point his finger on the edge of the railings, the wooden floor there is about to  break. " See that?"

Her upper lips twitch. " You could have told me that I'm fat."

"So, you finally admit it?" He raised a brow at her.

" Admit what?" She ask and when she figured it out , she hit his knees with her foot. " Your annoying the---"

They both fall down on the floor, Mikasa is on top of him  and their noses are inches close with each other. Their stared at each other eyes, each reflecting their reflection, thinking how ugly they must've look on each other's point of view. Mikasa immediately get off of him.

"You smelled like a three day old fish."

" Oh please, like your any better." He replied to her and stood up  after she did. Mikasa smiled at him. Her heartbeat is racing really fast right now and she didn't know what to do but she like it. Mikasa blushed after their bodies touches a little , that little thing sent a fluttering feeling on her stomach and it honestly felt really stupid.

"It's crazy that we hate each other and now we are just casually teasing each other and imagine that I will even help you find the culprit of your grandmother's death. It's such a crazy and bumpy trip, don't you think?" She smiled towards him.

" Yeah, I really think it's crazy. I thought I'm going to end your life 
because that's what it is. That's what I really plan to do and it turns out that your family is not involved into this." He replied to her, regret visible on his expression and time of voice.
" Sorry, I even cause you an ugly scar. What would your future husband say about them?"

Mikasa smiled at him, her eyes are bright and lovely as usual.
" If he love me then he will accept the fact that I am like this.
It couldn't be change anymore brides love is not only about work, it's about feelings."

" But some people love for the faces, count my father in." He gritted his teeth. Mikasa laughs at him, earning a strange look from him.

"I'm sorry it's just funny how you think that way for I know you have your own bitch too." She said. " Hitch told me that you save her from the merchants back then and it's very nice of you. However, it's not nice that you kept Gabi here when she probably miss her family and she's a kid too."

" What do you mean? Her mother doesn't want her that's why she sold her to me. It would be worse if she is sold to a bunch of old men's."

" Oh," she exclaims. "Then, I think it's very nice of you."

"You change allies fast huh?" He observed.

Mikasa smirks at him. " That's how it works boy, sometimes it's the way to survive and sometimes it's the way to bring each other down."

" How do you know this kind of things?" He ask, bewildered.

" It's just something I learned from the boy I met that day when I was a kid. I have a small sketched photograph of him and me before he vanished into the thin air. He kinda looks like you, I wished he survived though."
She shrugged her shoulders.

" You mean.." he look at her, a certain memory assaulting his mind. He get something from his cloth, a small scroll of paper. He rolled it and show it to her.
"This?"

Mikasa look at him with wide eyes and to the photo. " You mean, you are that lanky and kite body kid."

She smiled at him and suddenly hit him.  " Oh, your alive. I'm so glad you are. I haven't seen you since that day , it's been a very long time. I told you to stay but you left, I'm still angry with you."

" Well, you don't look like your that angry with me." He gave her a questioning look, sometimes he really don't understand her. She is like a mysterious piece for him, a complicated puzzle, he just couldn't comprehend her mood.

"How about this?" She walk closer to him with a smile on her face , pretty eyes observing him, he gulp. She's pretty.

"Aww!" Shit! She stomp on his feet and slap him.

"How do you like that?" She smiled at him, " But I'm really glad that your alive , it must've been really painful, yes?"

Mikasa look at the sky before shifting her attention to him again, he may have look like a homeless shit but he's still handsome, a product of the cruel reality and something besthoned upon his back. Mikasa may not know all , she may not know how it feels but she's glad that little by little, he is letting go and showing more sides of him  even though those are only his annoying sides.

"Mikasa, it's night now. GO and sleep." He replied to her while looking below him where people celebrate and have fun, firecrackers everywhere, whistles. Mikasa went inside and brought out a quilt then put it on his shoulders. " It's night time. You'll.catch a cold."

"What's gotten into you?" He look at her weirdly, hiding the warms of his cheek. He is flustered, for the first time something did that to him.

" It seems like your body is going to give in to the winds." She smiled and look at him, " and your not strong enough to handle that." She sneakers, laughing silently as she imagine him stumbling to the ground.

"You have an even smaller body than mine so you will need this one more than me." Then he put the quilt on hers , now, she was the one who began to flush.

They savour the silence between them, comfortable silence surrounding them and only the distant voices and crickets are the sound. They relax their shoulders against each other. " This is definitely the craziest shit I've ever done my whole life."

" Yeah, to let a pig rest her head on my shoulders, I'd say." He replied to her as a small smile tug on his lips, he sigh enjoying their closeness with each other. The rest of the night they stayed like that, feeling each other, knowing each other more, she's laughing while telling him a funny story and he tried hard not to crack a smile.  The whole night they get to know what each other likes and they began to smile freely with each other, only truthfulness is there. Maybe because they were both drunk but nonetheless, people tends to be more true to themselves when they are drunk.

"Thank you, Mikasa." He said as he slept on his bed.