A War Beginning

A War Beginning

"Yes, my king. The attack will happen less done a month now."

" What else?"

" He feed an innocent vassal to the crocodiles in the swamp, thinking it was the traitor. I'm alive and free, I'm doing good as he never suspected my presence.". The man bowed to his king, King Grisha smirk and praised his works.

" How wise of a deceitful man. Very good then, I'll inform my son, Zeke about this. He will prepare everything. "

" Very well, my king. I should get going. I don't want to be suspected. " The man bowed respectfully and the king nodded.

"Have a safe trip."

The man look at his azure eyes suspiciously but the man just gave him a bright smile in return, bowing his head at him as a sign of respect.

"I will, my king."

________

"Annie?" His eyes widen when he saw her. Annie smiled at him, though, her smile is stiff.
"I should help you, that basket is full of heavy clothes."

Armin grab it, internally screaming because he thought it wasn't as heavy as he thought it was. He wondered how she is able to lift this one up.

"I--it's heavy." He said to her, looking at her pale blue eyes.

Annie shakes her head. " No, it's not." She took it away from him and lift it up. " See?"

Armin felt like embarrassment hug his whole body, he scratched his neck and laugh a little, so that the awkwardness would fade away.

"What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the capital? " Annie ask him, she's starting to be suspicious of him. He gulp the saliva that is forming on his throat and shake his head.

"No and is it bad that I'm here?" He ask, Annie smiled at him.

" No, it's not... As a matter of fact, I like that you are here.... I mean---" she said with a blushing face.

" Well, what can I do? I'm handsome, charming, young... " He brag about his looks, Annie sighed but didn't bother to say anything, silently agreeing to him but he is just so full of himself at that moment.

"Yeah, your handsome and charming."

"I am?"

" You are. " They both blushed. They continue walking silently as they rich the gates of her house.

"Would you like to come in?"

"No, it's fine."

_______

" Eren, the shipment is done. Luckily, the ki g didn't suspect the Baron of doing something illicit. "

Armin explained to him.

" We're going to attack Marley from the borders. You know that Paradis and Marley is working together, To seal the deal The chief and the last Princess is to be wed. "

" Yes, I've heard but even so they couldn't defeat me."

" To top all future sufferings," he chuckled. "Hizuru will work with Marley and Paradis too. You know now how advance that country is even though they are hidden." Armin continued to explain.

" They are the best when it comes to technologies, base on news. They are able to make a flying vehicle."

" A flying vehicle?"

" Yeah, it's nice."

" Focus on work, Armin." Eren glared at him, Armin chuckled at him and nodded. " It's only because you can't squeeze information from her right? Or maybe you never really ask her those questions. You just ask her about the grave and nothing follows up after that."

Eren unsealed his sword, Armin raised his two hands. " Relax, Eren. Alright I'm focus."

"In the borders, did you sent spies in there?" He sat down infront of Armin, holding a cup of tea and offering the other one to Armin. Armin put two cubes of sugar on it.

"There are many sugar cubes in the market of Shiganshina and I did not but don't worry, I've heard about it already. The king's army is focus on bringing us down and apparently, your brother's army will be the one to meet is on the borders, together with the Duke's son."

It means Zeke Yeager and Porco Galliard, the Prince and the Duke's son. They were the best of friends as everybody says so.
They have the same goals in life and the same cruelty, birds of the same feathers flock together. Trusting fully with each other's capability.

He let out an exhausted sigh, closing his eyes while drinking the tea, the aroma somehow calms him. " I do not want this to be a long fight, as much as possible. I want it to end there, seeing them on a pool of blood. Those viscious monsters."

We're all monsters.

" Your cruel." Armin casually say, as if it didn't bother him anymore while sipping his own cup of tea. " Alright, I'll see the Vassals. They were practicing together. I want to go back to the island now... Though, we're approaching Marley."

"I wonder, what's the reason behind you didn't kill her?" He smirk mischievously. " You didn't get any information did you? Oh, I know he told you he's dead, like descended to the after life and you cannot squeeze any information, revenge won't really get you anywhere. I am telling you now."

" Shut up, Armin." Eren shut the door infront of his face, almost spilling the tea that he is drinking.

"Oh, ok." He said, " I want to see Annie."

______

Mikasa look at him from the corner of her eyes, he is beside her. A little farther away from her but it's enough for her to see him in her peripheral vision, though his footsteps were really light, unnoticeable and as queit as a snake, or a lion . That is why she called him Twinkle toes, light footsteps man.

"What are you doing here, twinkle toes?" Mikasa ask, not approaching him. She continue to look at the vast sea.

"This is my ship." He said with a deadpanned expression, stating the obvious to her face.

"Yeah, but you don't usually come here." She crossed her arm as she answered him. "or your just following me?"

"In your dreams." Her mouth twitches because of it.

" Your too stiff, " she sighed.
" Can I swim, it's so hot in here. The last time I'm able to clean myself is one day ago."

" Yeah, sure." He look at the vast sea. " If you want to drown, nobody's going to save you."

"I was shock, the ropes is stupid." She defended herself.

"...or maybe the person using it is extremely stupid." He replied and lean on the tank.