Algedonic I

Algedonic I

The moment that he saw that face, his world shook around him and he doesn't know what to feel about it, he feels troubled , his heart aches, a feelings he thought he was incapable of feeling because of what he has experience before and its the worst feeling he had ever encountered, his heart felt like its squeezing itself and he felt like he couldn't breath for a moment. His heart beat rapidly against his chest and he could feel his limbs going soft, as if those feet will give up on him and let him fall to the ground.

He wobbled as he walk closer to the person, even when the person grow older, despite how skinny or how dirty she look, he could never forget her. Those brown eyes of hers and no matter what happen those eyes are warm when they look at something, Armin put the hair of the person's to her side, in order for them to see how she looks like without any inconvenience, and that's when he had confirmed it, it was the same as the photograph hidden underneath his bed that he hasn't dare to see again after years but he is sure of it, this person is the same as the photo.

"Mother?"

He felt like tearing up and he knows that his tears are about to burst down to his cheeks, when he called, the woman look up to him and blink again, as if studying his face, her face tilt sidewards and her eyes scan him from up and down, Eren watched her do that for a few minutes.

"Eren?" Her voice is hoarse, her throat hurts but despite that she was able to utter the name of the son she longed to see. She couldn't walk to him due to her weak feet but if she could she would run up to him and hug him, but she hesitated to do such a thing.

He stand there so big and he look so brave, exactly the son she wants to build in him but was unable too. The two of them just stared at each other, taking in how they look like, studying each other as Armin sat there and watched as the two stared at each other. He doesn't know what's running inside their brains - no one does but themselves.

The woman slowly stood up, walking so slowly towards her son. Her heart broke in half when she walk even closer and could see the outlines of scars on his clothes and that big scar on his right eye, the tattoo on his neck. Her gentle son has changed and she wasn't there for him. Everyday inside that dungeon, the only thing that is running through her mind is her son, it was a surprised that she didn't lose her mind inside that dungeon and despite her being feed like a dog, she didn't say anything because she knows that she have to survive to see her son again.

"Is that, is that really you?"

Upon seeing the scars on his face, it's not shock that is painted on her face, it was the disbelief and disappointment that she feels for herself because she wasn't there for him. She never thought that this day would come and her son would see her again, Grisha always told her that he thinks she's dead when he was child everytime he comes to visit her and torment her with words everytime he could.

"I'm sorry." She manage to utter, her mouth quivering as her eyes moist, ready to shed tears.

________________

"Sir!!" A vassal came to him, ready to report something and Eren wave his hand, a sign that now the vassal could speak up, the vassal cleared his throat as he look at him.
" Grisha Yeager is seen escaping the palace with a horse, our vassals are chasing him right at this very moment and we have destroyed the main city, there is nothing else in here. "
The vassal reported as Eren nodded in content.

"Chase him, don't let him get away no matter what, you must chase him."

The vassal look up at him.
" Order already executed sir. "

"Good." He replied to him, Eren walk down to the pavement of the palace when his vassal left, expecting everything even from the abandoned house of the Queen and her son.