In the End IX

In the End IX - The Foundation

Mikasa felt nauseous for the past few days, vomiting from here and there and she becomes a picky eater too, saying that the food doesn't taste good and only eating mango for the past few days. The Queen and Carla already know what it meant, with Carla being excited and happy about the who situation, Mikasa's mother could only sigh as if she is disappointed with her daughter but even so, she still take care of the food that her daughter is about to eat and cleaned her daughter up when she doesn't want to get up. The Empress is looking at her sleeping daughter when Carla entered her room with freshly cook food.

"You haven't eaten anything yet so I thought that I will cook for you."  She is holding a tray with a bowl and a steaming hot porridge in it.

The Empress smiled at the other woman. "Thank you very much."

"It's no trouble at all, I want to cook for you because you've been taking care of her so much that you couldn't even eat well." Carla said as she walk closer, placing the porridge on the table infront of the empress.

"Well, it's not like being a parent would stop once our children grow older." The Empress smiled as she look at her daughter..

"You raised a good child." Carla smiled as she look at the sleeping Mikasa.
"You are a good mother to both of your children."

"I did? I don't think I did, I ignore her when she was a child, focusing on my older child more because he is the crown Prince so I thought that he needed me more than her, I was wrong in that part. I don't really know much about her even if I am her mother, she is a lot closer than her father than me." The Empress chuckled.
"She had grown so much and she is very strong too, an independent woman, a very deserving lady."

"Well, all parents aren't perfect but as long as we try our best to take care of them… I wasn't able to take care of my baby, I tried to be strong enough for him but in the end I think I fail."
Carla sigh as she said those words.
"I don't think he even needed me in his life. He would be better of without me."

"Don't say that." The Empress whispered to Carla.  ".. It makes me feel sad knowing that someday our children won't need us. Oh wait, we are already there."

The two of them chuckled at what they are saying at each other.  "I'm just angry, I guess I acted as a Mother of her and as a mother of this country. It seems right to be angry with him don't you think?"

"I'm not in your position but I get what you mean." Carla replied to her. " It seems to be getting better now right? "

The Empress nodded at her.
"I guess so."

The two woman spent their day in Mikasa's room queitly, tending to what she needs whenever she woke up.

___

"Will Eren come back now?" Mikasa said while they are sipping tea in the palace Balcony.

"Who knows, he probably ran away."
He casually sip his tea after saying that, only his slurps was heard after that as the two ladies decided to not comment on the particular thing that he said- it would only cause them trouble, Levi's still not in very good terms with him. If given a chance, he would kick his face again.
"That man brought you to his ship and took you away from months, father is sick because of him and you think I will forgive him?" He spoke again.

"Brother, I didn't forgive him about those things too. I remember it clearly and I don't tolerate the things that he did wrong before and I promise father, don't you remember? If he dare risk the lives of our people , I will personally punish him and besides, he does not physically nor mentally hurt me during those times, well except for this scar Ofcourse." She smiled at him.
" So, you really don't have to worry about such things, you can go and have fun with your beloved wife, Aunt Kiyomi's choices when it comes to partners is incredible isn't it? You don't feel burden beside her, do you? "