Chapter 1 - New Start

SADE

Everything keeps flashing in my eyes so fast-the bright morning illuminating the thin clouds above and the high buildings proudly projecting their heights at the center of this city.

Everyone keeps walking like every second is gold to be furnished; not a single tic of every minute can be wasted. They keep walking and walking, not minding other people they bump into in a rush.

I watch every single movement in the car's window.

The traffic causes the car to slow down, giving me a few minutes to watch everything outside in slow motion.

So, this will be my journey to school then.

A repeated documentary.

As the car resumes its motion, the views continue to run smoothly.

After several minutes, the car suddenly stopped. Our family driver, Mike, cheerfully informed us we had already arrived.

"Finally," Seth, my twin brother, muttered while exiting the car and retrieving our things. "Let's go," he called out.

I rolled my eyes sleepily before following him out.

"Good luck," Mike reminded after we got our bags off our feet.

We only gave him a small, sluggish wave, and he sped off.

We followed the car until it vanished into the masses of cars before turning around to see our fate in front.

Seth snakes his right arm on my shoulder, and we timidly stare at the huge gate that is proudly flashing its modern architectural design and structural facade. Waving inside the campus are the white silky flag and the school's name written on the building's wall.

Monte Albert Academy.

As a cue, like a straight beam of light passing through our line of sight at the same time, Seth turns to me, and we exchange a mischievous grin with each other.

We both took a breath, ready for our first day.

"Welcome to Albert," he announced cheekily.

"Si," I said, earning his light chuckles.

I joined in his laughter, and we continued to roam our eyes around us.

After a few minutes of standing while memorizing every corner of our surroundings, we start to grab our things and walk ahead, bypassing the guard, who only gives us a knowing smile.

Students who noticed us as we neared the main stairs with the ramps on both sides halted from their on-going tete-a-tete to spare a glance curiously.

They began to whisper to each other, wondering who we were.

"Eyes sharp," Seth instructed.

I beamed while tightly gripping my bag. We strolled up the stairs in haste.

"Excited?" he asked cheekily.

My reply was interrupted when the bell rang loudly, causing the students to run to their respective classes in a hurry.

"Lets go?"

He beamed and dragged me to continue walking down the hall.

"Si."

I only hummed, and we made our way towards the principal's office.

PLAGIARISM IS A CRIME!