Epilogue

KNOX

Epilogue

Five years later.

"Agent SE and I scout out ahead. Identify where the enemy is holding the hostages. Any minute now, we will breach the building."

I grunted loudly, causing my subordinate to glance at me for an answer in the rearview mirror. I just signaled him to drive faster before my patience thins out.

I pressed my communication set harder on my right ear. Frustration was on the verge of showing, but I held my temper.

"No, wait for my backup."

"No can do Detective, the clock is ticking. We need to breach in. "

I groaned immensely, pleading and trying to control my anger. "Five more minutes."

"Moving into position now."

"Agent SA!" I resisted in frustration, she didn't respond or give any indication that she heard me. "Sade!"

The comm set was cut off before I could say another word. I removed my glasses and tossed them in the dash.

My subordinate once again glance at me.

"Can you drive any faster?" I shouted, not even regretting that I was venting out my anger.

"I'm on it, sir."

I pulled my hair in so much anger, wishing that I could reach the place in a second. If not for my informant tracker's signal, I wouldn't know that the twins had already set off to rescue the teenagers without telling me.

I am the one holding the case, but it seems like the information they gathered was kept from me.

I was in the National Headquarters when I received my informant's signal. He had already tracked the kidnapped teenagers' whereabouts.

He even told me that they were on the move now without my go signal. I was shocked, scared and boiling in anger when I learned about that.

I tried contacting her for about twenty minutes before she accepted my call. I wanted to scream at her, but I held my anger back.

This wasn't the first time they breached alone without anyone's backup. I always worry about her safety, but she somehow loves to throw herself in danger.

"All in position now, Sir." suddenly, my comm set crackled.

I released a long sigh before replying in a more professional way. I can't lose my cool now. We are in a state of emergency, so I need to be at ease even though the probability of Sade's safety is killing me.

"Good, wait for my further command, Zach." I ordered my apprentice.

"Copy that."

When we reached the place, I quickly jumped in and joined my team in front.

The twins' team is not here.

I snorted. Did they really think they could do this alone?

"What is the situation, Zach?" I asked while huddling closer to the upturned bricks to hide ourselves.

I tightened my vest while counting my men, twenty.

"The twins have already breached in. It's an emergency sir, so they deployed themselves immediately. And I received their message, one hostage is dead."

My grip on the bricks tightened. I gaped at him with wide eyes but I composed myself in no time.

"Connect me to Agent Sade."