Chapter 9 - Guesses

SETH

I have never witnessed that kind of belittling in my entire life.

No wonder, because Sade and I were protected in the safest of our houses and were not totally exposed in the eyes of the public.

Berely was sided with, despite the fact that she was the one who caused the harm.

Are they really that blind to see the difference between right and wrong?

"Why are we going to the principal's office?" Tania asked me softly.

"To complain."

She peered at me. "Is this because of earlier?"

Is it? Am I acting on impulse?

I glanced behind me. Sade is busy talking with Knox about something.

What would my twin do if she were in my shoes? What is the best move for dad to make? Am I acting based on my emotions?

The best decision cannot be clouded by emotion. It will hinder the proper choice and make us hesitant to act in the right place.

And the brain is the best weapon for making a move, as our dad always reminded us.

What will I do then?

"Does it?" Tania asked while biting her lower lip. Guilt shone in her eyes.

Does it? I asked myself too.

When I didn't reply, she glanced at me pleadingly. "Can you please forget about it? It's not that bad."

I still hadn't answered her. I don't even know why I suddenly acted this way. I quietly observed her and contemplated my actions.

She continued. "Bringing this to the head won't change anything, so please, can we take our lunch instead?"

"It will," I said in full certainty.

"Please, not now," she pleaded again.

I knitted my eyebrows; there's something lying between her lines.

"You have some beef going on," I said with certainty.

Her eyes glinted in shock.

"Forget it; tell me or not; it's up to you."

I look at her, who is silently waiting for me to say something. I fisted my hands in defeat before sighing.

"She bullies you. Are you okay for not informing Ms. Gavin?"

She gave me a small smile while nodding, but beneath that smile, it showed her helplessness.

What will I do? I asked myself again.

Changing my pace while having a second thought about going on or letting this go by, I sighed once more.

But if we let this go, it will continue as long as our lips are closed.

"Are you okay, Seth?" suddenly, my twin asked from behind while staring at me hard.

I relaxed myself, feeling my back become stiff. From this, it is clear she thought something was bothering me.

"What do you think?" I simply replied, stopping to walk.

"From this?" she asked instead of answering. Seeing my dilemmatic face, she added, "Want my suggestions then?"

"Please do."

"As much as I want to see you in action, I think this is way too early to act upon," she sighed while giving me a hard stare again.