Chapter 20 - Spoilsport

SADE

A soft tap on my right shoulder suddenly caught my attention.

"You're aloof," Knox said when I glanced at him blankly.

In front of where I am sitting, Seth and Hayden gave me a knowing look, waiting for me to speak after I told them what happened last night.

"I'm thinking," I answered softly.

"Not new," Seth commented while chewing.

They chuckled at what he said, acting like something hadn't happened last night, though by my own making.

The hacking was successful last night. I managed to lock their accounts and prevent those backups from functioning.

"Everyone is so curious why Berely and Damien went to the principal's office first in the morning," Hayden whispered while leaning forward, drawing my attention back to him.

Some keep asking each other why this time the popular group is not present here in the cafeteria.

And the partners in crime didn't attend their classes.

I saw Ramen earlier from Trigo, but afterwards, she was gone when the bell rang for lunch.

From the look on her face, she was also unaware why the two weren't present. It stinks to be left out, by the way.

Poor Ramen.

When Seth and I came to our first subject, chemistry, everyone was asking each other why Berely wasn't around as much as Damien.

The questions flew from left to right. Are they really that important to create such issues just because their asses aren't here?

"To report their lost phones," Seth answered Hayden, taking back my attention.

Tania flashes me another grateful smile. She is happy that our hunch came true.

Berely didn't post it.

"The probability of accusation is also high," Hayden commented, still wary of this too.

His left cheeks are fine now, but I can still see the faded color of the bruise.

Seth shared a nonchalant look with me before saying, "Sure, but they are slightly cautious about pointing their fingers at us."

Alicia stopped midway through eating and asked softly. "How come?"

I pushed my unfinished plate to Seth, completely preoccupied with thinking, before responding to her. "Remember, if Ms. Gavin asks them why we would steal those, then they'll be caught."

"Although Ms. Gavin is fully aware of those photos, Berely and Damien might have some little decency left on their bodies to even say, Hey, Ms. Gavin, our phones got stolen by the twins so that they can delete the photos we are using as blackmail for their friends," Seth said, copying Berely's girly voice.

I chuckled with Hayden and Alicia.

"Point taken," Hayden hummed after suppressing his laughter.

He pushed his clean plates away and leaned back while staring at the door, still doubtful of Damien's group's entering the cafeteria any minute now.

After several minutes, they didn't appear. We left the cafeteria and started to make our way towards our own respective classes, but not before Hayden reminded us.

"Don't provoke them."

We all nodded, but his eyes glared at me and my twin, like saying 'behave'.

Seth and I just gave him a firm salute.