Chapter 39 - Horror

SETH

"Why are they taking so long?" Alicia asked about half an hour later.

She is sitting with Tania on the couch adjacent to us while Hayden and I are focused on watching the movie.

I only shrugged, but they looked at me with suspicion except Tania, who was grinning from ear to ear.

Not that I don't care why they are taking so long; I trust Knox, and I know they will just mend what happened earlier in their conversation.

I didn't hear what they talked about. All I know is that Sade thought Knox hated her.

My twin is so sensitive to the person she cares for, and there's no doubt that Knox has already crept into her heart.

She likes him. It is way too obvious.

I swear, it's my first time seeing my twin like someone.

And I can't imagine what his reaction would be if she confessed. I know Knox wasn't vocal and had the decency to hold his feelings, but I don't trust my twin for this thing. She is so straightforward and too blunt.

She felt it was normal, and all she could do was say it without looking at the consequences. That is her drawback.

"Speaking of..." Hayden drawled while looking behind Alicia.

I looked up and saw them grinning at each other.

Sade noticed our stare and said, "Who's dead?" She smirked and walked towards me.

"Time," I simply answered. There's no doubt that she instantly guessed what I was talking about.

She shrugged while sharing a knowing look with Knox. "He helped me blow my hair."

She sat beside me, while Knox sat beside Tania. I paused the movie and removed my feet from the table. Same with Hayden, who chuckled.

"Finally," he said, with Knox sharing the same eagerness.

"Where do you want us to start?" I inquired.

Hayden snickered. "Up to you."

But suddenly, before anyone could reply, we heard a knock.

Sade looked at me curiously.

"Who could it be?" Alicia asked, confused as the knocking only took one.

I opened the door and was taken aback to see the familiar all-body gear matched with the army-printed overalls, but I composed myself in no time and gave a firm salute.

"Sir."

"Security has been monitoring the in and out here for safety. The school prohibits this transaction inside. Avoid doing it again," he said in a straight voice, but the amusement was clearly evident from his face after I saluted him.

"Understood, sir," I said, recognizing him.

One of our dad's men sometimes visits our house for a report.

He passed me the boxes of pizza, grinning. His body is in military rigidity, calm, and composed.

"Our payment, sir," I told him while handing him the money.

He only raised his eyebrows, like I offended him somehow. He ignored the bills in my hand. "Your brother already paid it, and besides, the deliveryman is probably on his way back to where you ordered."

"What a sweet brother he is," I sarcastically said.

He chuckles. "Indeed, you're the 26th who said that, but not in that way, just with regards."