EXTRA CHAPTER 1

SETH

◑●●When Seth dragged Tania.◑●●

"C'mon."

I didn't wait for her to respond, I just tugged her away from the party.

The music is slowly fading the more I grab Tania away. Much to my surprise, she hasn't protested an inch. She just let me usher her downstairs.

That senior's surprise confession to our school president wasn't the reason why I built up my courage to do what he had just done earlier, but because of Sade's push.

She knew what I was fighting for. I wasn't influenced by her relationship, nor Hayden's, or what others were expecting to happen.

She told me I needed time but when would it be? Tomorrow, when regrets are born?

Or now when the chance is clear?

There's no such thing as a perfect time, it is just an exaggeration of others to acclaim when something is successfully done.

People seize opportunities and if the success is hundred percent, they say it's because it was the perfect time. However, when it ends dramatically they just brush it off and try for another until the result satisfies them.

When we reached the wide field, I let go of her hand.

Few students are enjoying the night outside, except me. I'm on pins and needles while counting how many times the bulb in my right flickers, caused by bugs flying around it.

I need this wide space. It helps me think rationally.

After a few beats, I faced her. She stood there like the first day I saw her in the principal's office. All eyes on me, but calmly watching.

Will she feel offended if I tell her this all looks weird?

I sighed. "What is the likelihood of your reciprocation if I tell you I like you?"

She was taken aback, not because I told her that I liked her but because I made it a question.

I guess she knows it already. Of course, it is way too obvious now. Dragging her away from the party after that senior's confession gives her a slight idea why.

And she knows me. I am not as abrupt as my twin. I somehow have a little decency to calculate how many steps I will take before walking.

It is playing safe and that's really me. I'm guarded all the time, so no one can blame me for asking the probability before acting upon.

She looks at me dumbfounded then much to my surprise, she smiles.

"Depends on the likelihood of your confession."

"Will it affect our present relationship, whatever it may be?"

"No."

Like a thorn pulled out of my chest, I exhaled loudly.

"Good. But to be honest, you're expecting something, but I am not."

She knitted her eyebrows at me. "What do you mean by that?"

I look away from her. "This looks weird."

"I can tell."

I'm drowning in confusion for a split second, but I quickly recover. Before I spoke, she locked her eyes on mine and admitted.

"I feel the same way."

I chuckled, easing my nerves. "This is different from what I expected."

She hummed.

"Yeah, I like you, and that's it. No strings attached." I said, trying to look nonchalant.

She grinned. "Same, but let's make a deal."

I grinned back, a little taken aback by her words. She is smugly looking at me and is up for something.

"I hope you know whom you are dealing with."

"Of course, that's why I came up with this."

I hummed. "Consider it done then."

She crossed her arms in annoyance. "You haven't heard it yet."

I shrugged. "I will agree with it anyway."

"Right, let's promise that this is just a mutual understanding, no label and no string attached."

"Done." I agreed quickly.

She smirked. "Deal?"

"Deal." I said but I am a little curious, so I asked her. "Why so adamant about a platonic relationship?"

She averts her eyes and fidgets on her toes. She's anxious.

"Why me?"

I just raised my eyebrows, urging her to explain further why she asked me that. I see her shivering and breathing heavily.

"You like me but sooner or later you won't. Really, look at how you experience high school here. I am the first girl you've ever befriended, so it's natural that you'll naturally feel that attraction towards me. The day will come when you'll meet some crowd and you'll realize that it was just a feeling of liking someone, not in a special way."

I sighed.

"I'm right, isn't it?" she asked while closing her eyes to ease her pain. "You are confused by this, so you feel weird. You are not sure if those feelings you have for me are special because you can't base them on the other means."

"You are right, this is my first time feeling this way. The same as Sade, but one thing is certain, it's genuine."

She didn't respond.

"I have a deal too." I said, taking her attention. She stared at me worriedly. "Give me time, after sorting my doubts, I'll definitely make you mine."

She gasped but a familiar chuckle made me grin widely. I turned around and saw my twin standing besides Knox, who was obviously trying to hush her.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked cheekily.

"Long enough to bore me."

Knox huffed beside her and gave me an apologetic look. I just grinned nonchalantly, knowing she had just gotten here.

I faced Tania and stretched my hand towards her. "Deal?"

She was lost for a second before she realized what I meant. She shakes my hand hesitantly and mumbles, "Deal."

"Alright, everything is settled. Let's get inside because it's freezing here." Sade exclaimed while shivering, even though Knox was rubbing her arms to warm her.

"No one asked you to come here." I said, signing Tania to follow me.

She synced with me as Sade and Knox walked ahead of us.

"Touche."

After a minute of walking, Tania asked me softly. "How long?"

Is she referring to the time I asked her?

I hummed while looking up above the dark nights. "Time will tell."

She sighed. Gladly, Sade and Knox are busy talking with each other or else she won't continue our conversation.

"Stop thinking, let it flow naturally." I whispered.

"Is it now?" she asked.

I hum again and without thinking, I hold her hand as we ascend the stairs. I glanced at her and saw her blushing.

Time will tell indeed.

Plagiarism is a crime!