Chapter 26 - Logic or Confession?

KNOX

"So?" Sade asked, arms crossed on her chest while giving us a deadly look after we three took several minutes inside the locker room.

PE is done, and we have already showered to get rid of our sweats.

She and Seth are now wearing a white plain shirt and black jeans with black high-cut Converse shoes.

They are identical from head to toe, as one would expect from a twin. Hayden is dressed in a team blue jersey jacket and loose pants that match his Adidas shoes.

Leaning against the wall in the hallway facing the locker room are Alicia and Tania, who almost wear the same thing, simple yet comfortable like mine.

We stopped in front of them.

"Since you have a draw, no five bucks," Hayden said dejectedly.

The twins finished the lap first before the rest of the class could, and between them they finished at the same time.

Mr. Cavelli was actually impressed by their energy and enthusiasm. Even though they received a lot of hate mail earlier, as usual, they just brushed it off like it's nothing.

"Unfortunately, but who did you bet for?" Seth asked, now leaning beside Sade while hooking his arm around hers.

Hayden smirked. "You, no offense, Sade, but yeah, I'd go for Seth."

She only hummed, unfeigned at all. "So you bet on me?" she asked me, smiling widely.

"Yeah," I said, smiling back.

Alicia gasped. "You bet with each other?" she asked, surprised by it.

Tania just shakes her head at our antics.

Sade smirked. "Si, and thanks to you, I won," she said while opening her palm to Seth, who didn't waste any seconds putting 5 bucks in her hand.

We looked at them, stunned.

"What? You bet between us?" Tania asked, hiding her laughter.

"Si," Seth answered. "Alicia finished the lap before you."

We only shook our heads.

"And Hayden finished first before Knox, so 5 bucks for me," he said, while taking his money back from Sade.

"You bet between us too?" Hayden asked, totally amused by them while I only chuckled.

These two are really.

"Actually, we also bet who will win between you and us from your bet on us. We are technically betting with ourselves, but since Seth and I finished the lap at the same time, it's a draw," Sade admitted while grinning from ear to ear.

"Two draws in a row, then," Hayden exclaimed.

"Three bets at once," I seconded, grinning.

We chuckled loudly.

"So to our respective clubs?" Tania asked, looking at her wristwatch after a few seconds of standing on the left side of the hallway.

We glanced at the twins, who, up until now, hadn't decided which club they'd join.

"I can take you to our club," Hayden suggested to Seth.

"I'd love to, but I'm not that sporty to join yours," he declined honestly.

Hayden hitches his bag up, still all up about asking him. "Damien and his two minions are also there."

Seth shared a devilish smile with Sade.