Chapter 37 - SALUTE!

SADE

"November 16, Monday." I paused and calculated the approximate time when I first saw the new guard. "After lunch, I noticed a new guard inside the school premises."

"The possible suspect?" the FBI Director interjected.

"The suspect." I pressed, adding possibly means there's still a percentage of doubt.

I'm certain of what my instinct is telling me, so I suspect it is.

"New guard? Then it means he could be here," Hubert exclaimed while flaring his two hands in the air for emphasis.

"But he isn't," Stan answered him, not even sparing him a glance.

His eyes locked on mine.

"Positive," I said, sharing a proud look with each other. "But it's not too late to look him up because following my lead will pinpoint us to him, with your help of course. So the next day, November 19, Thursday, I bumped into this guy and saw his alarmed face when I accidentally uttered, he'd new."

They nodded firmly, following where I was heading.

"Just a pure instinct reading his reaction; secondly, we searched his information."

The FBI director furrowed his eyebrows, watching intently. "You already searched him up?"

Seth and I smirked.

"On that very day, I knew there was something off about that guy, so I tried looking for his profiles to tell me who he was."

Everyone looks ready to hear the identity of the new guard.

"Go on, brother."

"This man is Albert Holmer Stetson, an ex-soldier," he started while showing his picture using his phone. "He was a Lieutenant General under General Kristoff Tierez three years ago. Will I read the assigned post and mission, sir?"

"Just a short background," the FBI director said.

"On it, he was born in Florida, graduated high school in the same state, and enlisted himself in the State Military College. He trained and graduated for almost five years. He was promoted based on his skills and excellent tactician method."

"So, Albert Holmer. You can investigate everything later, but let me tell you our speculations about why he's the suspect."

I faced them and asked seriously. "Prior to Senior Career Day, the school added one guard. Why?"

"There must be additional security since the President will attend the event; this is not new," the FBI Director stated, but he was skeptical of his words.

It seems like he just answered for the possibility that he sensed this wasn't the reason why.

"Perhaps, but the shooting still happened because the cat disguised as another fish managed to get inside the aquarium," I said figuratively.

"Perhaps the security is too weak to even secure the area and do their job properly." Hubert snorted, interrupting me.

"Perhaps the detective is too overbold to accuse the innocent with his made-off claims." Stan bit back while flashing a dangerous grin.

The FBI director sighed, stopping the two from bantering. "Continue, Ms. Tierez."

I snickered at our brother, who looked on the edge.

One more word, Hubert, and you will probably see the floor three millimeters away from your face.

"Okay, as I was saying, the cat will either be drowned in that aquarium or pulled out by the owner, meaning he'll be caught by his own mistake from the inability to swim or be put in his cage, the prison."