Chapter 6 - No Drama

KNOX

"A penny for your thoughts?" I asked Tania beside me. We are going to the twins' room to give them their tailored uniforms that Ms. Gavin gave me earlier.

She only breathed out while staring ahead.

I kept quiet when she didn't reply.

The loud ting of the elevator, indicating we had reached the third floor, made her glance at me.

"I still can't believe that you asked me to transfer out."

I smiled sincerely. "I care, okay? I promised Gran I'd protect you."

"Thanks," she beamed at me while gripping the plastic tightly on her chest while nodding. We continue walking and go down the halls.

After a few minutes, we stood in front of the twins' door.

We knocked several times, but they weren't responding, so we decided to go inside.

We made our way inside after hearing their faint voices coming from the kitchen.

They are standing near the oven, their backs facing us. The boy is holding his tab, reading something, while the girl is listening intently to him.

I guess they already heard our entrance but chose to ignore us. Their attention is focused on that oven.

They are cooking?

"Uhm." Tania started to grab their attention.

Then the girl hurriedly opened the oven while wearing hand gloves.

Tania and I are awestruck by their reactions as the girl is handed a lasagna.

Seriously, they made that?

"Perfect dinner! Come on!" the boy called, turning to face us.

They walk over to the table; the plates are already prepared on it-four plates arranged side by side.

I was shocked.

"Actually, we are just here to give these to you for tomorrow," Tania said while showing the piece of plastic she was holding.

But in an instant, like an automatic response, their faces fell.

"Come on, we made lasagna for the first time!" she proudly exclaimed, earning a wide grin from her twin.

"Did you have your dinner?" the boy asked.

"N-not yet," Tania answered reluctantly.

"Let's eat then. You can put those near the counter."

They started to serve as they signaled us to sit down.

We exchange small talk, but mostly the whole dinner is quiet.

After eating, we helped them do the dishes and clean the table.

"And before we forget," the girl randomly snaps her finger in the air to get our attention.

I dropped the containers after closing the cabinet where I was stacking their foods.

They both sat on the chair while waiting for the silence to envelop us.

The girl seriously started, "To make ourselves clear, the reason we are here is to study; no drama."

Staring at her twin, she continued.

"We are here to study nothing else. However, that's it. No offense, but we don't want you to include us in the treatment this campus is dealing with. So basically, you already know us. Call me Sade, and this twin of mine is Seth."

Seth saluted. "At your service."

Plagiarism is a crime!