Chapter 33 - Career Day Part. 3

SADE

It's been a half hour since we came inside here and almost one hour after the shooting earlier, but no one cares about the long wait. No one is complaining or minding their hunger.

Of course, it is preferable to be safe than sorry.

Who knows if the suspect is still roaming around, waiting for the perfect time to strike back and finish what he failed to do?

I also lost count of how many times I tried contacting our dad, and the and the same with Stan, but to no avail.

He was probably occupied with investigating the whole campus.

I stretched my legs to let the blood flow as they became numb from sitting. Seth's hug on me tightened when I released a long sigh.

"Hungry?" he asked me softly.

I looked ahead while shaking my head. I noticed Ms. Gavin talking to Ms. M now, unlike earlier when she kept discussing something with Mr. Martin. And from the look they gave, Seth and I knew that they talked about us.

"I wonder if they already had a lead."

I leaned my head on his chest and said, "I wonder."

"Not that I'm looking down on their proficiency, but looking at the time they have been searching, I could say that they haven't found any concrete clues yet," he said, while looking at where I was staring at.

The entrance.

Everyone was quietly waiting. Some even laid their heads on the table for a nap.

The officer-in-Charge keeps checking his radio for any updates. Like us, he is tired from sitting around here. Instead of investigating the school grounds, here he is babysitting the civilians.

How unlucky.

"One hour," Seth mumbled while rolling his shoulder from numbness.

"If we calculate the distributed movements for investigation, thirty minutes is too much. I counted several SWAT cars and SUVs parked outside. Not to mention the initial men that scouted the President to come here, plus the deployed men of the FBI, Secret Service Agents, and dad's troop. Who knows, maybe the cops are also here to lend a hand. Hordes of them against one, clearly the investigation won't last this long if the traces he left are easy to track," I stated.

"But no, none of those men outside are capable of tracing those invisible blueprints of his plan since he was gone before anyone could take a step," he finished for me.

I sighed, closing my eyes but continuing to say what had been on my mind. "One hour. Checking the whole perimeter will only take half for the search operation. Remember we are dealing with combined forces. Let's just say all of the men deployed for monitoring were 50, 10 for checking the CCTVs, another 10 to cover the President out of the school grounds, same numbers for In-Charge."

"But they are more than that," he said while brushing my hair smoothly.

"Exactly," I said, nodding. "Thirty minutes is the maximum, and it's not that hard to beat for a well-trained person."

"So you're telling me that they are taking so long because up until now they haven't found any clues?" he asked, making sure to repeat what he concluded awhile ago.

I only hummed. "The assassination was well planned, but I'm still wondering why he failed."

"Same here. Mr. Tim's saving was also shocking," he said, now thinking deeply too. "I guess he knew something we don't know."