Chapter 4 - Cold Shoulder

SETH

"So what is your name?" I asked the girl.

We are done sorting out the things in my bedroom while my irresponsible twin is in the living room.

The girl gave me a cold glare before answering in her clipped voice. "Tania."

Without waiting for any reply, she left the room in a hurry.

I followed her outside, observing her from behind.

I kept wondering why they dislike our guts, even if they try to hide them.

I stopped and crossed my arms. "Why the cold shoulder?" I asked, determined to know, but I have a vague idea why.

She becomes tense before facing me. She is internally debating. I can see it in her anxious face.

But before she could answer, my twin suddenly appeared behind, and besides her, the boy in question too. He stopped midway and noticed the tension between his friend and me.

I scoffed mentally while thinking about their relationship.

Sade smiled knowingly as she stood beside me in amusement.

Earlier, after getting our schedules and keys, the principal started to explain the rules and regulations, the awards, and everything. You would guess it is a tour where the guide explains every nook and cranny of the place you are visiting.

And these two loathe something, and it is like we are part of it.

The cold shoulder, the intentional spiteful words, and the look they throw at us are enough for the last equation I can formulate.

They hated us.

She keeps fidgeting with her shirt hems while the boy is staring at us, afraid to come closer.

We can be spontaneous sometimes, but in this matter, we can't tolerate it, especially if they happen to lock me and my twin in an accused circle.

Despite the fact that we did nothing to deserve to be included,.

Sad, and I don't give a damn when people judge us because we know the words they use to describe us don't fit us, and it is they who reflect it. However, if they do judge and push us to the brink of giving up, isn't it time to appeal that accusation?

We don't care if they manipulate our reputations, but it is unforgivable if they manage to taint them.

They can curse if they want behind us, but make sure we won't face it with due respect.

"Clearly, you hate us for what we are, but not because of who we are." I voiced my observations.

She swallowed hard and tried to blink her tension away, but her trembling lips betrayed her, showing how vulnerable and guilty she was.

I blankly glanced at the boy and walked past them with my twin, who is now rolling her eyes as usual.

"Don't worry." I smirked. "We are not here to please others but to contain ourselves."

Sade walks beside me as I leave them baffled. I heard the boy comforting her while she tried to ease her nerves.

"I'm hungry," Sade muttered beside me as she matched my pace.

The tension of the scene was still evident in her tone.

Undoubtedly, we share the same thoughts. I disheveled her hair, causing her to pout.

"You are always hungry."

She slapped my chest and growled. "You didn't need to do that," she remarked seriously, referring to what had happened earlier.