Chapter 45 - Illarney Lochan Academy

SADE

"Welcome to mobile legends my vacuous twin." Seth announced mischievously while imitating the voice of that said game.

Students who heard him furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, maybe because of his loud voice or the way he referred his line.

We just ignored them and continued observing the buildings.

I cringed as we stood tall looking at the school's newly painted walls.

"Illarney Lochan Academy?" I asked curiously while reading the name of the school lighted by opal lights from a different angle.

There's no doubt that it was recently made as its reddish paint was too bright for the eyes, even though it was getting dark now but it was totally complemented by the building's wall color.

"Good preference, don't you think so?" he asked me. "Since this city and its town are surrounded by many loches."

I hummed in amusement. "Then who's Illarney?"

"The daughter of the owner," mom suddenly answered behind us.

She gave us a hard stare so we immediately took our bags she was holding and let her walk ahead of us after closing the car door using her hips.

"People nowadays love to name their property using their children's names. Why not use the name of the town like what the other school owners did back then?" Seth asked as we walked further towards the building.

"It's a trend." I sarcastically said, "That earns their popularity."

In the distance, I heard screaming followed by drum beats. The students are mostly walking towards that direction so I guess there are some events happening.

I also noticed three buses in the parking area which are not this school's transportation, I guess from other schools.

A sports game, maybe.

I love sports, but not the crowds. It's irritating and too much if you ask me.

"I hope you're happy now," mom mumbled when we reached the stairs.

We noticed a hint of sadness in her voice but when she glanced at us warmly, we already guessed that she was just asking for our benefits.

Seth and I beamed confidently.

"We're pleased." I responded smirking. "And you are here helping us."

She sighed, not even stopping or turning around. "I am just looking out for you."

We saluted even though we were walking and chuckled afterwards. When we reach the principal's office, we are warmly greeted by a young man in his mid 30s.

He smiled and led us to the lobby.

"I am Calvin Ferrant, the new principal here."

Mom introduced herself after shaking hands and like always they talked about the rules and whatnots. I observed his face. He looked like a trusted young man, dedicated and responsible for his job.

"Bored?"

I glanced at Seth and hummed. "Very."

He shifted in his seat. "This is throwing me off too, let's bet."

"Si."

We locked our eyes towards mom and the principal as they were busy talking about something Seth and I excluded ourselves from. It was not that important to know though. It is more about knowing each other and such.

But before Seth could speak, the principal pulled us into their conversation. As his lips twitched and his eyes bore on us, he appeared to be able to read our thoughts.