Chapter 17 - Mannequins and Crows

SADE

"You look so giddy today," Seth mumbled as we walked out of the cafeteria after waiting for the mannequins and crows. I meant Damien's group to leave first.

I smirked, proud of my comparisons. Well, they are a perfect fit for such words, right?

Seth looked down at me when I didn't respond. "Earth to Sade?"

I grinned humorlessly. "Our next subject is philosophy, yours?"

He hummed knowingly; he knew it was one of my favorite subjects.

"Physics."

Hayden, who was actually listening to our conversations, joined in. "I noticed you don't have the same schedule as mine." He peered at the two of us and solemnly said, "When I'm looking forward to studying with you."

Seth smiled understandingly. "Likewise,"

I thought of something as I glanced at Knox, who was walking beside me.

"How about Fridays? We have three subjects that are different from Monday to Thursday."

He nodded while opening his phone. "Here it is," showing us the captured picture of our schedules.

We stop to look at it. Tania and Alicia followed, a few steps away from us.

"Mine and Tania's schedules are all the same as Knox and Sade's," Seth said knowingly. "The only thing we are in luck for," he said, grinning at me.

Hayden chuckled. "Look how fortunate we were."

We looked at him in confusion. Knox put his phone away, and we patiently waited to hear what Hayden was talking about.

"Computer lit, pe, and assigned clubs are my subjects also for Friday, consecutively," he said, smirking.

"You're kidding?" Seth asked, disbelief written on his face mirroring the same as mine.

"Nope," he said while laughing at our reactions. "Ask Knox; he is my classmate from that whole day."

"Cool," I commented when Knox nodded.

We resumed walking out of the cafeteria.

Then Hayden suddenly said, "But Damien and his group have the same too."

"Exciting," Seth and I both said at the same time.

He smirked. "You seem to like him."

"Very, and here's that crow now," I said when I saw them walking towards us together with his group earlier.

I noticed Knox is looking directly at Remi as she giggles about what Berely is talking about while their eyes are fixed on us.

"Crow? Isn't it supposed to be the devil?" Seth commented while looking down at me. "Like speaking of the devil?" he asked while raising his eyebrows, not even affected by Damien's group going closer to us.

We continue walking, meeting them in the center of the corridor. Tania and Alicia are behind us.

We stopped, and I looked at my twin, answering him. "He looks like a crow and sounds like one. But besides that, it's also connected to the devil, the devil's pet."

He and Hayden chuckled at it. Damien, who heard me, furrowed his eyebrows, oblivious that he was the one I'm talking about.

He recognized Knox behind him as he sent him a disgusted look.

"How pathetic, Berth, winning this newbie's heart to your side?" he asked smugly.

Besides him are the two Knox told us on our first day here, James and Allan, who bully him.