Chapter 27 - Deal

SADE

"Bye, see you on Monday," Hayden said as the car's window rolled down after we waved.

The car did a u-turn and went off to the main road, leaving us five here in front of the school's main gate.

"No one will fetch you?" Alicia asked us, expecting a personal service like Hayden's.

Seth only shakes his head while carrying our one travel bag that contains enough clothes for two whole nights in our brother's penthouse.

After the club meeting earlier, we packed our things and prepared for the deal we must do for Stan.

"I'll ask the guard to call you a cab," Knox said, walking to the right side where the guards were.

After awhile, one guard came out with him.

"Just one?" the tall guard asked while looking at all of us.

He is familiar. I guess he's the one who acknowledged us when we first arrived here.

"Yes, sir," I answered.

He nodded and stood five meters away from us, waiting for a cab to pass by.

Tania already told us earlier why they wouldn't go home for the weekends. They can, but they choose to stay here, and Knox can't since he needs to finish his articles due Sunday.

They said that they didn't usually go home every weekend; they would during summer break, but in times like this, they're fine staying here.

Knox stood beside me while watching the guard, looking here and there.

"Give me your phone," I told him.

They looked at me questioningly, but I only ignored them. He gave me his phone hesitantly.

I dialed my number using his phone and said, "Call me when something happens." I saved my number to his contact and gave it back.

He took it and nodded while fixing his glasses that I insisted he wear earlier.

"You didn't have each other's number until now?" Seth asked me, grinning.

I crossed my arms and smirked. "Unlike you, who had Tania's number on the very first day,"

"I took it the next day, for important purposes," he emphasized his last statement, glaring.

Suddenly, one car pulled over, and the guard immediately talked to the driver. After a few minutes, he turned to us.

"It's safe; hop in."

We nodded and walked towards him, leaving the three in front of the gate.

"Thank you, Sir," Seth said, and I gladly thanked him.

"Do your parents allow you to go out of campus unaccompanied?" he asked before we got inside.

From the look of his face, he looks hesitant. He's having a second thought about letting us ride the cab on our own since almost all of the students who left this campus before us were fetched by their own family services.

"Yes," Seth said. "Don't worry, sir, we're going to be fine," he added while opening the right car's door for me.

"I already memorized the plate number, and I'll call Knox over there when we arrive at our destination," I said, pointing behind us.

He nodded while giving us his stern look and calculating eyes. "I looked at his ID earlier. If you haven't called after an hour later, I will call the cops to investigate."

Seth and I shared a thankful smile for such protectiveness.

"Thank you, sir." We said it in unison and stood up like soldiers, left hand on the left side, legs apart, and right hand for a firm salute.