Chapter 22 - Our Brother

SETH

"Spill," Hayden urged impatiently when I sat down beside my twin, who was still sipping her carton of strawberry milk.

Legs crossed on the glass table while leaning back on the sofa.

After preparing dinner with Tania, we ate, and they went here in the living room as I excused myself to take something inside the bathroom.

Knox and Hayden are sitting across us while Alicia and Tania are on the other side, totally facing the televisions with a movie playing, muted.

Sade didn't respond; her eyes focused on the screen. Smirking, I snatched her drink, but her reflex was way too slow to prevent me from putting the straw in my mouth.

"Seth!" she hissed, then was about to straddle me when she noticed four pairs of eyes were watching us. "Okay, back to business," she sighed lazily.

Hayden chuckled. "Nah, you're hooked on the movie; maybe later?"

"Just a little entertained by his plans," she said as the male lead appeared on the screen.

I glanced at the movie that is playing; the male lead is talking to a girl in a restaurant.

"Why is he asking a stranger to get classified information?" I asked no one in particular while Sade gave me a short glare as I enjoyed her drinks.

"True, he needs to be sensitive to those people," she commented, still glaring at me. "He is broadcasting his plan in the open air, bullseye."

I squinted my eyes as the man told her that he needed to know the identity of someone.

The girl, probably a staff member of the restaurant, answered that she didn't know that name.

"He's careless," I said as the male lead left the restaurant and two suspicious individuals sitting two tables away tapped something on their ears.

A few distances within earshot of the male lead and the girl earlier.

"They got him." Sade scowled.

I leaned back, losing my interest in the movie. "Protagonists won't die, no matter how idiotic they are."

"That's why I always root for the villains," she chuckled.

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat.

Hayden.

Sade and I flash regretful smiles for losing our attention from them.

Alicia and Tania only giggled, while Knox grinned knowingly.

"How did you know what they're talking about when it's mute?" Hayden asked, curiously waving the remote in front of him. "Except if you already watched it."

I shake my head. "I never watched this movie and never will."

"What a crap! Who's in their right minds to expose their identity in public?" Sade asked disgustedly.

"Right," I agreed as she leaned her sides on me.

"But how did you know what they were saying?" Knox asked, staring at us.

Sipping the last content of the milk I took from Sade, I crushed the box first and threw it in the trash bin near the ornamental plants before answering him since my twin is too lazy to even respond.

"Read lips."

Hayden groaned. "I stink from that; I don't even know how."

"Same here," Alicia seconded while hugging the throw pillow on her chest.