THE FINAL - Part 9

"So, you want to stay here and possibly get arrested, or are you gonna help me up from the floor and run away?" Yoongi says in a quiet and pained voice but still with a lot of confidence.

You look forth and back between Yoongi and the direction the police car is approaching from. You are thinking about what to do. Yoongi seems to notice that you are hesitant.

"We don't really have the time to reconsider everything," he mumbles. 

You look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "We? We don't have time? You know, I would be a lot faster without you. I can still leave and run away, with you lying helplessly on the ground," you snap at him. 

He clicks his tongue and replies, "Come on, you can drop the tough act now."

Act? Is it really just a facade that you are putting up to seem stronger? You are not sure. You don't even know yourself anymore. Though, you know that you stopped being strong long ago.

Even if you run away now, leaving Yoongi behind, the police would find him and hospitalize him. He would heal and eventually find you again because he always manage to find you. 

Giving up sounds like an easy solution. He really won.

You sigh out loud and lean down, putting one of Yoongi's arms over your shoulder to support him. You try to get up slowly, pulling him up with you. He lets out some sighs and groans of pain while holding his wound with his other hand.

You both manage to stand straight, well, Yoongi is leaning most of his weight onto you. "I am not that strong, you know," you whine under his weight.

Before you could get a response, you two notice the police car seriously approaching. You only have a few seconds now. The two of you don't even have to exchange words to agree that you should really hurry up.

You try to hold Yoongi up as good as you can and he seems to try his best at not falling over. His wound must be really bad.

You try to leave the sidewalk by the road that you have been on as quick as possible. You don't want to be under the bright street lights, so the police can't spot you as easily, even if you don't gain enough distance. You need to hide in the shadows. 

You finally spot a small alleyway. It is barely illuminated by light. It seems like a perfect place to hide for a while since you don't think that Yoongi is able to walk much further.

You head towards the alleyway and look at Yoongi for a second, he looks very exhausted and is sweating a lot but that might just be the raindrops. He looks back at you and gives you a little nod, agreeing to your plan of hiding.

You enter the alley that honestly looks very creepy but that makes it a perfect hiding spot for now. You come to a halt right next to a dumpster and gesture to Yoongi that you will drop him down slowly. 

He nods confidently and you slowly slide him down against the wall of a house. He is sitting on the ground with his back against said wall. He exhales loudly once. You scan his face closely and he looks like he is in a lot of pain, which is understandable since he was stabbed in his stomach.

You kneel down in front of him and he gives you weak smile. "You are losing too much blood," you whisper once you notice how blood-stained his clothes are. "Yeah..." he mumbles and looks down at himself.

"You need a compressor to stop the blood," you explain while looking for any kind of fabric that could be used. Yoongi's jacket from earlier is still on the ground by the street where you left it so that one is gone. You probably have to use the sweater that you are wearing now. 

The thought of that makes you really uncomfortable as you are pretty sure that you are not wearing anything underneath. You sigh heavily and take hold of the edge of your sweater, ready to take it off. However, Yoongi interrupts you, "Wait." 

You look at him, slightly confused, signalizing him to continue. "Use my shirt," he suggests. "Are you sure?"

"It's ruined regardless," he says and chuckles lightly. He is right, there is a huge hole in the shirt from the stabbing and it is already soaked in his blood.

You grab the rim of his shirt and look at him hesitantly. When he gives you a nod, you eventually pull the shirt over his head. 

He indeed did not wear anything under the shirt you took off, revealing his naked torso, but you could not care less at the moment. Now, where his shirt was off, you could see the stab wound in its full glory. It looks very serious and you slightly cringe at the sight of it. 

"We don't have anything to sanitize it," you mumble concerned. "Good. That would have been awfully painful," Yoongi replies. 

You frown at him. Does he really not take this wound seriously? I might get infected if it doesn't get sanitized. But, there is nothing you can do right now regardless. So you try to tie the shirt around his torso at the height of his waist. You have to tie it as tight as possible to stop the bleeding. He winces in pain. It sure is painful but it has to be done. 

Once the shirt was wrapped around his torso like a bandage, you inspect if it is good enough and it seems like it is as good as it can get. "Thanks," Yoongi mumbles quietly.

Something seems off. Yoongi is like a completely different person. You don't trust this situation and his behavior just yet. Is he nice because you gave up and he finally won? Or is he nice because he just avoided death by an inch? Whatever it is, you must be careful and cautious.

"So what's the plan now?" you ask while sitting down on the cold and wet ground entirely. "Plan?" he questions.

"Yeah, what do we do now? Where are we going? What is your plan?" you add, bombarding him with questions. "Oh, I don't have a plan."

You blink repeatedly while staring at him. "Pardon? What did you just say?" you ask since you are not sure if you heard right.

Yoongi repeats, "I said, I don't have a plan or any idea where to go now." You shake your head hectically. "B-But you always have a plan! You always know what to do! Y-You were always ten steps ahead of me," you stutter.

"I guess it is up to you this time. What do you think we should do now?"