THE FINAL - Part 15

"Who are you?" Yoongi asks confused.

Within a second, your face displays the same confusion. "Who I am? Yoongi, this really isn't the time for jokes," you reply while side-eyeing the police officers.

"Are you a stalker?! A sasaeng?! What do you want from me?!" Yoongi gasps.

You turn around to look at the police officers. You try to interpret their expressions but they are so hard to read. 

"I think we should call a nurse," one of the policemen finally says.

You look at the little remote that is on Yoongi's nightstand. There is a lot of buttons to change the position of the hospital bed but there is one button, that is slightly bigger than the others, that will call a nurse. You quickly press it while Yoongi still looks at you with a mix between a puzzled and upset expression. 

A little light flashes up, signaling that a nurse is coming soon.

It takes less than two minutes for a nurse to arrive. A young male nurse with black hair comes into Yoongi's hospital room after knocking on the door softly. He greets everyone in the room with a polite bow, before asking, "How can I help?"

"I don't know who this girl is and what she is doing here," Yoongi is quick to answer. 

One of the police officers clears his throat and corrects, "It seems like Mr. Min is confused. Since this woman is his emergency contact, he must know her." Yoongi looks slightly offended by this statement.

The nurse shows a sad smile and clarifies, "Amnesia is unfortunately common for cardiac arrest survivors." 

"I have amnesia?" Yoongi asks with discomfort in his voice.

"I mean, you don't seem to remember the person that you trusted enough to be your emergency contact," the nurse explains.

There is an uncomfortable silence in the room. Everyone is careful with their words because of the sensitive topic of amnesia. 

"Do you need a doctor?" the nurse eventually asks, getting rid of said silence.

Yoongi shakes his head and replies, "No, I think I just need time to think."

The nurse gets the message and leaves the room again. Now, it is, once again, just Yoongi, you, and the two policemen in the room. 

Yoongi seems to have understood that you are not a crazy stalker but someone he knows but sadly forgot about due to amnesia. He understood that you two know each another to some extent but all the memories are gone. So now, he only looks at you confused and not upset anymore.

"You really don't remember, hm?" you question once again.

"No, not the slightest bit. What's your name?"

"(Y/N) (L/N)."

Yoongi looks like he is thinking for a moment but then sighs, "No."

Suddenly, an idea pops into your mind. It might be a risky idea because of the triggering topic, but it is worth a try. 

"Do you remember Kim Taehyung?" you ask Yoongi.

Yoongi's face doesn't even flinch or frown when you said Taehyung's name. Normally, his face always showed hate and anger when his name was said but now there's not even a slight reaction. He really has memory loss.

But then, he answers, "Of course I do."

Your eyes widen. "You do?!"

"Well yeah, he is a bandmate of mine. We are both in BTS."