Chapter 10

You look down onto the lit up screen and actually can't believe your own eyes. 

It's a text message and the contact name is just a heart emoji. No name or anything. The message, that said person just sent is 'thank you, hun ❤️'. At this point, curiosity just gets the best of you and you grab her phone.

You unlock her phone, because you know that her unlock code is just her birthday. You open the chat window of that person and notice that he or she doesn't have a profile picture. It's just black.

You quickly read through the chat and see that it is quite flirty, almost as if they are dating or want to date. A lot of heart and kiss emoticons. But, what really confuses you is that they type in English. So, the anonymous person is probably not from Egypt, because then Xhemile would talk in Egyptian to him/her.

Yet, the English of the anonymous person isn't perfect, quite the opposite, there are many mistakes. So, this person isn't a native speaker either. "Where is this person from?", you whisper to yourself.

But still the most confusing thing about this is, that Xhemile didn't tell you about that person. She usually brags about every male person that is just being nice to her and notices her. So, why didn't she tell you about him/her who is pretty much flirting with her.

You really need to confront her about that later when she is back.

(time skip)

You hear the front door open and assume it's Xhemile. A few seconds later, she enters the living room, where you still are, and greet her with a worried 'hey...'. She sighs out loud and asks: "What's wrong?", already knowing that something is fishy.

"You forgot your phone.", you tell her. "So what?", she scoffs at you. "I-i... Uhmm..." Xhemile tilts her at at you while raising an eyebrow, telling you to go on. "I just wanted to inform you.", you say as an excuse, suddenly being to nervous to tell her the truth. "Uh-huh yeah, I already noticed when I didn't have it with me, now tell me, what did you read?"

You sigh in defeat. "It was just this one message, that popped up while I was watching TV." She crosses her arms in front of her chest. "What message?" You look at her now and trying to find words and just decide to go all in.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Her eyes instantly widen, but go back to normal real quick again. "No...", she mutters. "But?", you question, knowing that there is still something she has to say.

"But well,... there is this boy I've been texting with. Nothing special, though. I mean I'm kinda interested in him, but I don't know much about him. I don't even know what he looks like or his name. Maybe that's the thing about him, he is so mysterious. And he is just being so nice and caring."

"The one with the heart emoji as contact name?", you want to ensure. "Yeah, that one.", your friend replies, awkwardly scratching the back of her head. Then you remember a question, that was on your mind earlier: "His text wasn't in Egyptian. Where is he from?"

"South Korea."

You immediately freeze at those words, blinking repeatedly. "Cool, isn't it? A Korean boy, oh my gosh!", she adds, kind of fangirling. "What does he know about you?", you ask in a breathy voice.

"Uhm well, my name, my job, where I live, that I have a friend living with me. Why are you asking?", she says. "Uhm, I was just curious, I guess. But, you mean like, he knows your real address?" She just nods her head. "You know, I, uh, gotta go right now. Talk to you later!", you say while leaving the room.

"Where are you going?!", she yells so you hear her, but you don't want to answer and close the door behind you, already being outside the apartment.

You leave the apartment building and just wander around the streets, not going anywhere specific. You just can't be at home right now. You rethink the entire conversation and your situation right now. Was it really him who started texting your friend Xhemile to get information about you?

She doesn't know about it. She isn't suspecting a thing right now. She thinks she is just texting a cute Korean boy. Since when is she so naive?

"Fuck!", you curse while kicking a small rock on the sidewalk. What should you do now? He can literally get any information about you out of Xhemile. You can't see her for now. You are endangering her and yourself with that.

You notice that the weather isn't as nice at it was before, it's rather chill by now, even though it's spring. You try to warm yourself by walking a little bit faster. But suddenly...

'Rrring'

________________________

A/N: Oops, sorry I didn't update the past few days. I wanted to think about where to go with the story exactly before continuing it. So, there you go.