Chapter 6

"What the hell is that smell?!", you almost yell.

You lead the top of the bottle towards your nose once again and smell it. "That's not how water is supposed to smell...", you murmur to yourself. It smells somehow chemical. "Is it poisoned?" Luckily you didn't drink it.

You walk into the small staff room of the store and quickly empty the bottle of water. As you stand at the sink while the water is running out of the bottle, you sigh loudly.

All of a sudden, you feel a hand on your shoulder. You scream in terror, turn around and quickly snatch the hand away. "What the fuck, (Y/N)?!" You look at him and realize it's just one of your co-workers. The one, that has the shift after you. "Oh, I-I'm sorry. It's just, you scared me.", you try to explain.

He frowns at you. "Yeah, I saw that." You scratch the back of your head awkwardly. "Sorry again." He slightly nods his head and replies: "Yeah, all good, you can go home now, your shift is over." You mumble a quiet 'thank you' before moving towards the exit.

The thought of walking home alone slightly scares you, but you know that you have to. You leave the store and instantly look left and right quickly and try to observe your surrounding. Nothing suspicious, though. You start to head towards your home and actually quite enjoy the lovely spring weather.

You now stand in front of the apartment complex in which Xhemile's and yours apartment is. You stand in front of the front door and reach for your keys as you suddenly hear something behind you.

You turn around and instantly spot the same car with tinted windows that stood at the side of the road earlier. You raise an eyebrow, but quickly decide to open the door and get inside. As you are inside you make sure the door is closed.

Now, you enter the apartment and remember that Xhemile is still at work for four more hours. You take off your shoes and decide that you should probably apoligize to Xhemile later for your rude behavior this night. You go into the kitchen and begin to bake a pie for her.

(time skip)

You finished the pie for Xhemile and you must say, it is really hard to resist eating it before she arrives. You then hear a key moving in the keyhole and your friend is entering the apartment. As you see her you give her a faint smile and luckily, she gives you one back.

"Hey.", you quietly say. "Hi.", she replies. "Uhm, I baked a pie, do you want some?" She just nods her head in response. You tell her to wait in the living room while you get the pie from the kitchen. You join her onto the couch with two plates of pie.

You hand her one of them and a smile quickly grows on her face. "Apple pie! My favorite!", Xhemile says cheerfully. You chuckle at her cute reaction and start to eat your piece of pie. "You know, I wanted to say sorry for my rude behavior earlier." She looks at you with a smile. "No worries. It's all good. I know you were just scared and all."

You sigh in relief, because she accepts your apology. "You can really be a bitch, you know?", she adds with her mouth full. You laugh. "I know, I know.", you reply with a big smile on your face. "Let's watch some movies together!", she suggests. "Great idea."

(time skip)

Xhemile and you watched many movies, and you two laughed, cried and got scared together and now both of you decided to go to bed. "Oh, by the way.", she says before leaving the living room, "I have to go to work a little bit earlier tomorrow, like 5:30, just so you know." You nod. "Okay. Good night." "Good night."

You conclude that you should probably also go to bed now, due to the little sleep you got last night. You go into your room and lock it again. You undress yourself and lay down onto your bed and close your eyes. "Please let me sleep.", you mumble to yourself.

(time skip)

You are waken up by your alarm. 7 am. You scretch yourself, but quickly interrupt it as a familiar smell creeps up your nose. You stare at nothing in particular as many thoughts cross your mind.

"Xhemile, is that you?"