THE FINAL - Part 10

"I guess it is up to you this time. What do you think we should do now?" Yoongi whispers, expecting an answer.

Why would he suggest something like that? It doesn't sound like him at all. Yoongi and this situation are not to be trusted. 

"I-I don't know. You must have had a plan when you ran away from the mental hospital with me, right?" you exclaim.

"Not really, also, I definitely did not plan to come across a person that was supposed to be dead and getting stabbed by them," Yoongi answers in a slightly sarcastic voice.

You grab your hair in frustration, almost pulling harshly at it. "Then what was your plan before the whole Taehyung situation happened?" you ask to broach the subject further. 

"Running away with you."

You sigh out loudly. "I know that much! But where to? How do we run away? Where will we live? All of that without being found!" you almost yell at this point.

"I don't know," Yoongi says, completely emotionlessly. 

You look at him for a few seconds, trying to see if he is being genuine. He seems to be completely serious. He does not have a plan. He just ran away with you. 

This doesn't sound like the Yoongi you are used to. Yoongi always has a plan and many aces up his sleeve. 

It seems unbelievable, but maybe, just maybe, he also reached his limit. Maybe even before the dangerous fight with his nemesis Taehyung.

You just let your head hang low. He does not seem to react at all and just sits next to you in pure silence. You need a minute to breathe. He seems to need it too. 

After a few minutes in which only the sounds of the rain and sirens are heard, you suddenly notice Yoongi coughing nastily.

You look at him and his face is completely scrunched up as he continues coughing. You frown because he looks like he is in serious pain. 

Suddenly, there seems to be something stuck in his throat and with it, the next cough gets stuck too. You consider if you should try to help him, but before you can decide, Yoongi spits a clump of blood onto the ground.

When Yoongi sees the red spot on the ground as well, his entire body freezes for a few seconds. He stares at the bloodstain with widened eyes, realizing he just coughed that out.

"Y-Yoongi...?" you stutter concerned.

He does not reply. 

You gently and carefully put your hand onto his shoulder and his head shoots up to look at you. You could practically see the distress in his eyes. 

Before any of you two could say anything, he starts coughing again, and, once again, he coughs up blood. 

You eventually get the courage to speak, "You need to go to the hospital."

"No!"

He shakes his head hectically in pure frustration. "I can't! We can't! No!" he yells.

You slowly remove your hand that was previously on Yoongi's shoulder. He is being very loud and appears confused and that scares you. 

"You need to seek medical attention, Yoongi," you mumble quietly, suddenly afraid to raise your voice. 

You stare at a drop of blood on Yoongi's lips, that stayed there after his most recent blood coughing but eventually, it gets washed away by the rain. 

"We are on the run, (Y/N)! I can't just walk into a hospital like that!" he answers and you can clearly hear the desperation in his voice.

"Then die."

His frustrated and irritated face suddenly turns into a sad and confused one within a split second. "What?" he mumbles. 

"Look at you. You have a serious stab wound and you cough up blood. You will die if you don't go to a hospital," you try to knock some sense into him.

You give him a few seconds to answer, but it doesn't seem like he will. 

"You either go to the hospital, or you pathetically drop dead in this shitty alleyway."

He clicks his tongue. "I won't die," he murmurs.

"So you will go to the hospital?" you ask, wondering if that's what he meant.

"No."

Before you can say anything or even sigh heavily, he makes a move to stand up. He leans his arm against the brick wall next to him and his legs are shaking immensely. 

"I will be fine. Let's keep going." 

You get up from the ground as well, but you have a way easier time doing so than Yoongi. "Stop being so stubborn," you sigh.

He slightly shakes his head and replies, "Stubborn? I am not stubborn."

"Just accept it," you whisper. You did not intend it to be audible to Yoongi, but he definitely heard it.

"Accept what?"

"Nothing."

"Accept what, (Y/N)?!" he suddenly yells out angrily.

You sigh. You don't want to say it but he doesn't give you any other choice. "Accept that you actually did not end up winning," you explain, avoiding eye contact.

He just stares at you for a few seconds, his mouth slightly agape. You try to read his face but you cannot tell what he is thinking about or feeling.

Yoongi eventually speaks his mind, "Is that what this is about?"

You frown in confusion as you don't understand what he is going on about. "Sorry?"

"You tell me I won and then ALL of a sudden Taehyung appears, who YOU supposedly killed, which, by the way, no one else witnessed. He wants to fight me in a knife fight, which I most likely would have won, but you called out my name in the middle of it, knowing very well that it would distract me, so Taehyung could stab me?" Yoongi explains in great detail.

You just blink at him repeatedly, trying to process what he just came up with. You reply with stutters, "W-What? N-No! It's not like that!"

"You think I am stupid, (Y/N)? I know you are working together with Taehyung," he continues his bullshit.

"Wait! No! If I actually was working together with Taehyung, then explain to me why I did not leave when he did!" 

"Maybe to make sure I will die," Yoongi growls.

By now, you cannot hide the irritation about this misunderstanding in your voice anymore, "If I intended to do that, then I already had the perfect opportunity earlier, no?!"

"Yeah, you did. And it is your biggest mistake that you did not use that opportunity."