THE FINAL - Part 13

"Okay, then you have to come to the police station with us," the police officer orders.

You already hate how serious it sounds and you are worried about what will happen to you. You escaped a mental hospital after all.

"Of course, officer," you reply, showing that you obey the police. 

The police officer from the passenger seat opens the back door for you and you walk inside, sitting down on the back seat. Both policemen get into the car as well. The driver starts the engine and drives off, this time without the sirens.

The entire drive is very awkward since no one is talking and it honestly strains your nerves.

However, only a few minutes later, the police car finally comes to a halt in front of the police station. All three of you leave the car and you follow behind the officers as they enter the police station.

While they walk through the building, the two policemen who picked you up, greet several of their colleagues who they walk past. You only nod awkwardly each time. 

Eventually, they open a door to a room and gesture you to walk inside, which you do. 

In the room is a desk with a computer. There are two chairs behind the computer and two chairs opposite the desk which face the backside of the monitor. You sit down on one of the chairs that are not for the police staff.

They close the door and sit down on the chairs behind the computer. It's only you three inside this room. One of the officers boots up the computer and begins typing something in. "Alright, tell us about yourself. Who are you?"

You swallow nervously before answering, "My name is L/N Y/N."

The officer on the computer seems to be entering your name into the system, while the other officer just looks at you. 

A few seconds later, the first officer slightly frowns and he scratches his chin. "Is it correct that you are supposed to be in the mental hospital?"

You already know that this would come up sooner or later. "That's correct, sir," you answer.

"Mh, can you explain why you aren't there then?"

You nod once and reply, "The reason is the person that was just hospitalized."

Both police officers raise their eyebrows in curiosity. "How so?"

"He was in the mental hospital with me and forced me to run away with him," you explain, long story short. For now, you only want to answer the questions they directly ask you. You will reply honestly but you will try to not speak too much because it will sound unbelievable.

"What's his name?"

"Min Yoongi."

The police officer seems to be looking for Yoongi's file on the computer and eventually inquires, "And he was in the mental hospital with you?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry, but his file doesn't say so," the police officer reveals.

You blink a few times, the rest of your body unmoving. "Excuse me?"

"It would be written in his file if he is stationary in a mental hospital. But, there is no such information. Are you sure you are not mistaken?" the police officer asks but he honestly sounds like he would rather believe the file than what you say.

"He was really there with me! He was even introduced to the group session! Ask the therapist about that session! He was really there!" you exclaim while gesturing randomly with your hands.

The policeman checks the time and replies, "I will do that tomorrow morning if that helps. But for now, can you explain how he got into the state he is in right now? Did you attack him?"

"No! It wasn't me! As I said, he forced me to run away with him and we did just that until we were stopped by, uhm, Kim Taehyung and he wanted to fight Yoongi."

Again, the police officer types on the keyboard and stares at the screen. "Kim Taehyung, you said?"

"Yes!"

"He has been dead for months. I doubt he could have attacked Mr. Min," the same police officer, that has been talking to you the entire time, states while the other one is quiet.

At this point it's clear. These two boys, Yoongi and Taehyung, completely fucked with you. They managed to alter their entire police file. And the police are already doubting what you are saying and soon will not believe a single word that leaves your mouth. They probably think you are crazy. Fair enough.

The police officer behind the computer is reading Taehyung's file out loud "Cause of death: Strangulation. Culprit: L/N Y/N. Sentence: Stationary stay at the mental hospital until treatment is done. Case closed."

"I know, I know. But, I swear, he is alive. He faked his death."

The police officer raises an eyebrow, "Faked his death? Why would he do that? And especially, how would he do that? He would not be able to fake his entire police file as well as the case. You were in court. A trial doesn't happen if the death was fake."

"I know how unbelievable it sounds. But it's really what happened!" you exclaim, but there is no chance. They won't believe you.

"I believe that you must feel guilty because of his death, but he is dead. Please accept that. Hallucinations won't help your treatment," the police officer suggests.

You give up for now. You sigh and ask, "What will happen now?"

"We will have to find out who attacked Mr. Min. And if it turns out to be you, then you won't be able to just stay at a mental hospital. You will have to go to jail, most likely."

You can't believe this. Will Taehyung actually get what he wanted? Because this is what he wanted to achieve with his fake death show. However, you know that Yoongi will not say that it was you who attacked him. He will either tell the same story as you or come up with a stranger attacking him. He won't allow you to go to jail.

"I mean, ask the victim. He and I are the only witnesses, besides Taehyung. And you don't believe me and Taehyung is apparently dead. So, ask the victim what happened. Please," you propose to the police officers.

The two policemen make eye contact. And eventually, the second police officer, who has been quiet most of the time, suggests, "I think we should talk to the victim before jumping to conclusions."

"Fine," the police officer who seems to be more authoritative agrees, "I will call the hospital and ask if he is conscious again and when we can talk to him."

The police officer grabs the phone that is lying on the desk and enters a phone number. He presses the call button and the beep sound can be heard by everyone in the room.

Finally, someone accepts the call on the other end and the police officer speaks, "Yes, hello. Seoul police department here. We would like to question Mr. Min Yoongi who was rushed to your hospital today. When will we be able to?"

A few seconds of pure silence occur, while the police officer listens to the hospital staff on the phone, but the police officer soon speaks up again.

"No pulse?"