Chapter 50

"I don't know what's in there but it's definitely not a tracking chip.", mumbles Thalia.

"W-What do y-you mean?!", you stutter nervously, not knowing what's actually in the back of your neck. Thalia touches the spot carefully, trying to find out what it is.

"I've been studying medicine and I can tell you for sure, that it is not a tracking chip what's under your skin.", she explains.

"What is it then?!", you ask in pure panic. "I think I know what this is.", Thalia says while still examining your wound. You are already anxious at this point. "Then tell me what it is!", you almost yell out loud as sweat is running down your forehead.

"This is a fake wound."

Everything goes silent for a few seconds. "A what?", you ask, obviously confused. "A fake wound. Like, one of those, people make on Halloween.", she attempts to explain it to you.

"Why would he do that? Why would he make a fake wound in the back of my neck, telling me that there is a tracking chip in there, so I can't run away without him knowing where I went?", you wonder.

"You just answered your question yourself. To make you think that he knows exactly where you are, so you don't even think of running away.", Thalia states and it makes sense.

You turn your head to look at her. Your eyes showing complete shock and also confusion. You are speechless.

"To be honest, I would have been surprised if he was able to pull off that surgery without any experience or knowledge to begin with.", Thalia continues.

"But what about that blood on the pillow or the severe headache I had when I woke up after that so-called 'surgery'.", you wonder as Thalia's explaination doesn't explain this.

"It was most likely all set up. When he is able to make a fake wound, then that was probably fake blood. And there are multiple ways to give someone a headache, maybe medicine or a hit on the head."

You groan loudly. It was all set up. There was never a tracking chip under your skin, let alone a surgery he performed. It was all fake to scare you and make you not want to run away.

He played dirty once again.

You hide your face in your hands and some tears leave your eyes. Thalia immediately moves to console you. "What's wrong?", she asks in a whisper. You sob quietly before responding: "You know what that means?"

Thalia doesn't say anything, gesturing you to go on. "That means, actually no one knows where we are.", you say devastated. Thalia just sighs in defeat. "True."

Yes, you are trapped inside a small room in a basement with no one knowing where you are.

The two of you just sit like that a few more minutes while sobbing quietly. You reconsider everything and you honestly don't see a way out of this.

Then suddenly, you hear some noises from outside the door. Both you and Thalia look up, staring at the still closed door. There is some shuffling outside and eventually the sound of the door being unlocked can be heard.

The door slowly opens and it reveals Jungkook. You two girls have no idea what to expect from him now. You gulp.

"(Y/N), will you come here for a bit?", he asks. It sounds so polite, that it almost scares you. Thalia gives you a subtle pat on your back, gesturing you to listen to what he says. So you do.

You get up and head towards the door where Jungkook is located. He is opening the door a bit wider for you. You exit the room and Jungkook closes the door behind you.

Jungkook and you now stand in the corridor of the basement, facing each other. You think about running for a second but he is blocking the way of this slim corridor.

"So tell me, (Y/N), what do you think of her?", he asks, his voice sounding kind, almost excited and you are not sure how to feel about it and definitely don't know how to answer the question.

"Uhm, she is pretty and she seems really smart.", you reply, just going with it. Jungkook claps his hands happily. "I know, right? She is so clever and so kind at the same time. I can't describe how happy I am to call her my girlfriend.", he states with a content smile on his face.

"Your girlfriend?", you question, hoping to get more information out of him. "Yes! But please don't tell the others. It's still a secret and we are not ready to tell anyone yet. I mean, you found out by accident but please don't tell the others yet."

You are not sure, if Jungkook is trying to deny the fact that he kidnapped her and that Thalia is not his girlfriend but his victim or if he is just plain crazy.

But, why is he acting so happy, kind and cheerful. It doesn't seem like a facade. It looks actually sincere.

You will try to find a way to get her out of there by talking to Jungkook. He seems to be a different person right now. "Jungkook, why don't you take her upstairs?", you ask him.

He tilts his head slightly. "Because we decided to keep our relationship secret for now, like I said.", he replies. "Don't you think it's a bit unfair to keep her in that small room in the basement just to keep your relationship secret?", you dig deeper, hoping to get Thalia out of there.

"What are you trying to say?", he asks, looking concerned. "I'm trying to say that she might not be entirely happy being in that basement room.", you say while awkwardly scratching the back of your head.

"I think she would talk to me if something was wrong or bothers her. We are honest with each other.", Jungkook answers.

This guy has honestly a screw loose.

"I don't know. Maybe she just wants to go out with you here and there or do something. Maybe a date?", you say, trying to imply that he should take her out so that she can escape.

His head suddenly falls low and you are not able to see his face anymore. "She is not happy with me, she is not happy with me, she is not happy with me.", he mumbles over and over. You start to worry.

"BECAUSE I FUCKING KIDNAPPED HER!", he suddenly yells out loud. His entire kind aura is gone and his creepy vibe his back. "AND YOU ARE NEVER GONNA BE ABLE TO FREE HER! SHE IS MINE AND I WILL NOT LET YOU STEAL HER FROM ME BY FREEING HER! I'M GOING TO KILL EVERYONE THAT GETS IN MY WAY!", Jungkook keeps on yelling.

You try to back up as this seems really dangerous. You move back until your back eventually hits the door.

Yet, you still wonder what just happened. A few moments ago he seemed so kind and thought he is in a relationship with Thalia and it honestly didn't seem like he faked it. And right now, he is just that psycho ass that exactly knows what he is doing and that she is just his victim.

Without having to reconsider it more, you already know what this is. This is a serious case of a split personality disorder and you can already tell that this is going to be bad for you.

Jungkook approaches you with heavy steps. You are scared, no, terrified and because of that you try to defend yourself by punching him. Bad decision, because this man is honestly stronger than he seems like.

He grabs you by your hair and pulls you up by it. You groan loudly as your entire scalp hurts. "Let go!", you yell frustrated. "You want me to let go? You want me to fucking let go?!", he asks aggressively. "Y-Yes!", you plead.

You look at him and when your eyes meet his, a shiver runs down your spine. His eyes full of hatred and anger.

Then suddenly, a smile creeps up his face. "Alright, I'll let you go then.", he states.

From one second to another, he is smashing your head down with all his force. The last moment, when you had your eyes open, you see a heating that you know your head will eventually hit against.

When it did, everything went black.

____________________________

A/N: We are moving towards the grand finale. I hope you are all ready 🤠