THE FINAL - Part 12

"You need to help! Someone collapsed a few blocks away and he already lost a lot of blood!" you explain to the policemen.

Both of the officers in the car seem to be alarmed immediately. They look at each other with widened eyes. Finally, they look back at you and one of them asks, "Where is he?"

"Just a block or two away from here," you reply with urgency in your voice.

"Get in the car. We will drive there and check up on him."

You nod eagerly once and then reach for the door handle of the door for the back seat. You throw yourself onto the cushion of the back seat and close the car door with a swift movement.

"Lead the way," the officer behind the steering wheel announces and turns on the obnoxiously loud sirens.

You try to recall where you came from and say, "I think you need to turn right at this crossing."

The driver does just that and crosses the crossing over a red light. 

"And here you need to go left," you continue.

Now, you should already be in the right street. You just need to look out for the alleyway that Yoongi is lying in. 

"Stop!" you exclaim once you spot the alleyway. The police officer immediately stops the car. 

"He is lying in that alleyway over there," you say while pointing your fingers towards the direction. 

"Alright."

Both officers leave the car and you slowly follow them. "Please wait here," they command. They enter said alleyway and you wait by the police car.

Not even a minute later, the police officers come back. Once they come into your vision, both of them shrug, and, to that, you react with a frown.

Once they stand in front of you, the officer who was the driver declares, "No one was there."

You are not sure if you heard right. He is not there? But you saw him collapsing on the ground, unconscious. He can't just disappear. Are you going crazy again?

Without a warning, you start running towards the alleyway.

"Miss! Please wait!" you hear the officers yell behind you.

You enter the alleyway and quickly look around. The police officers who follow you, are back here with you as well. 

"This is not it," you mumble. 

"Excuse me?" the officers ask since they did not understand what you said.

There is no blood on the ground, but there should be. Yoongi coughed up so much. Also, the alley seems to look a bit different.

"This is the wrong alleyway," you finally say, this time, also audible to the police officers.

"Did you forget where it was then," one of the officers asks.

"I am pretty sure we were in the right street. There is probably a second alleyway. I am sorry. I guess, I got a bit confused due to the shock," you explain.

"It's fine, but we must hurry to find him if he actually lost a lot of blood already. And please, don't run off this time, especially without a warning. Listen to what we say," they announce and you know that they are right. 

Together with the two police officers, you leave the alley again and run down the entire street, looking for another one.

"Over there!" the policemen spot.

You look up and see another alleyway. This must be it. 

Once you are right in front of it, one of the policemen orders, "Please wait in front of the alleyway this time. We will go in and check." You nod in agreement.

And so, they enter the, hopefully, correct alleyway and you walk in circles on the sidewalk due to nervousness while waiting for them to come back.

Only a few seconds later you can already hear one of the officers say, "B34 here. We need an ambulance at our position."

You really want to go inside and check what's happening, but you were told not to. Nervously, you scratch the back of your head over and over. It feels like, it won't stop itching.

Only a few minutes pass, and suddenly an ambulance is racing through the street with its sirens blaring loudly. It stops right next to you. 

Two paramedics come rushing out of the ambulance with a gurney and look at you quickly. You only point towards the alleyway, where the policemen and probably an unconscious Yoongi are in and they run exactly there.

You hear some talking from inside the alleyway. The policemen and paramedics are probably communicating. You really want to check and see what is up, but you know that you shouldn't. So, you wait patiently.

Shortly later, all four of them finally come out, with a badly injured Yoongi on a gurney. You take a look at him and he still seems to be unconscious. 

The paramedics push the gurney into the back of the ambulance without saying another word. After Yoongi was inside the ambulance, they close the door and drive off with their sirens turned on. Most likely rushing him to the hospital.

The police officers approach you. "How is he doing?" you immediately question. 

The officer seems to be looking for words until he responds, "He is unconscious and he honestly is in a life-threatening situation. He really lost a lot of blood."

You frown. Of course, you already knew that but hearing it again is just tough. 

"But, besides that, we have an important question to ask you," the police officer that was previously on the passenger seat states.

"Of course, you can ask me," you say, but there was definitely some uneasiness in your voice.

"Do you know who that man is, or did you just find him on the streets earlier for the first time?"

You are not sure what the police officers want to hear or why they ask, but you have to think about what to answer for a second because you previously escaped from a mental hospital from him. In the end, you decide to just be honest, "Yeah, I knew him."

"Okay, then you have to come to the police station with us."