Chapter 42

"(Y/N), what do you have there?", Yoongi asks suspiciously at the moment he leaves the bathroom.

Of course, this had to happen. If he sees the piece of paper, he is going to think you are plotting something with Taehyung and even if you can convince him that it wasn't your fault, the fight between the two will break out again and be worse than ever.

"Uh, nothing.", you just reply. "Don't fucking lie to me. I saw that you have something in your hand.", he says angrily. He starts to walk towards you and you begin to panic mentally, still having the piece of paper in your palm.

As he is almost standing right in front of you after quickly heading towards you, you see no other way out of this situation but to put the paper in your mouth. With one swift movement, you lead your hand towards your face and insert the piece of paper in your mouth, which you quickly shut again.

"W-What was that?!", Yoongi asked furiously. You just shake your head because you can't talk. The wadded paper still being inside your mouth as you couldn't swallow it yet. "Open your mouth!", Yoongi yells at you in anger but also frustration.

Finally, the paper is soaked enough from your saliva to be swallowed. But when Yoongi notices that you are about to swallow, he pushes his hand against your neck at the spot where your neck and jaw connect. It makes you unable to swallow.

You begin to panic as you can't swallow the piece of paper down. "Spit it out!", Yoongi exclaims while applying more pressure to your neck. You begin to shake your head furiously in order to get Yoongi's hand away from your neck but it doesn't seem to work.

You need to find a solution real quick or you have to spit the piece of paper out before it or Yoongi's hand suffocates you. You then look down and an idea comes into your mind. You know for sure that this isn't going to end well but you have to do it.

You take all your courage and then just do it. You kick Yoongi where it hurts him the most. He lets go and groans in pain. You immediately take that chance and swallow the piece of paper down. You cough slightly afterwards because your throat hurts a bit from the pressure Yoongi applied to it.

Yoongi is crouching on the floor, holding where you kicked him. He is breathing heavily and you look down at him while standing next to him. When he seems to have caught his breath again, his head hangs down low and you just stand there and don't move a muscle.

"Oh, (Y/N)...", he suddenly says in a deep and quiet voice, still looking down. "Oh, (Y/N). Oh stupid, stupid (Y/N).", he continues. His voice and what he just said let shivers run down your spine. You know this is bad news.

"Oh, (Y/N). You just broke two rules at the same time.", he whispers while his head slowly moves up to look at you. "What?", you mumble. Yoongi gets up and moves towards you. "You just broke two rules, darling.", he replies, "Rule number 1 and rule number 4. Listen to whatever I say and don't lie to me."

You gulp. "I-I didn't lie to you!", you exclaim. Yoongi sighs in disappointment. "You lied to me and deny it. That's just sad.", he says. "I didn't even say anything! I didn't lie to you!" Of course, you couldn't deny that you didn't listen to him but where did you lie to him?

"When I asked you what you have in your hand, you said you have nothing, which is obviously a lie. If you really didn't have anything, you wouldn't have tried to hide whatever you had.", Yoongi explains. He is truly right with what he just said, so you just shut up and don't say anything because you have no excuse.

"So, have you anything to say in your defense?", he asks sarcastically. "Uh...", is everything you are able to say at the moment. You gulp nervously. This isn't going to end well for you.

He is about to move even closer to you but then, all of a sudden, there is a knock on the door. Yoongi clicks his tongue in annoyance. He walks towards the front door of his apartment and when he reaches it, he opens the door.

When the door is fully opened, you see Namjoon. "Hey, Yoongi. You got time?", the leader asks. "What? Why?", Yoongi wonders. You can still hear a bit of annoyance in his voice. "We need to practice. I tried to text you but you didn't read it, so I came over.", Namjoon explains.

"Why do we have to practice? We are on a break and Taehyung is also not there.", Yoongi says. "Still, we need to practice. We need to stay fit. A too long break won't be good. And furthermore, Taehyung texted me a bit ago that he and you made up with each other at the hospital. So, we wanna come back when he is feeling better again."

"Oh, did he say that?", Yoongi wonders and honestly you don't know yourself why he should have told Namjoon that. They didn't really made up yet. Taehyung just tried to apologize but Yoongi wouldn't really let him. So, why should he have said that?

"Yeah, so can you come to the practice room in like 15 minutes?", Namjoon asks. "Guess so.", Yoongi mumbles, not really satisfied by the idea of practicing now.

"Oh hey (Y/N), didn't see you there. Do you also wanna come to the practice and watch? Rhea will also be there.", Namjoon says when he notices you. Rhea? That is Hoseok's girlfriend.

"Uhm, sure, why not?", you answer. You can't interpret Yoongi's expression right now, though. You just hope it's okay that you agreed to Namjoon's suggestion. "Okay, see you two in 15 minutes.", Namjoon says and then leaves again. Yoongi closes the front door and sighs.

"Get ready. We are gonna adjourn our little discussion for now.", Yoongi says while heading towards his dresser to get his stuff for practice.

(time skip)

Yoongi and you head towards the practice room. There is an awkward silence between the two of you because of what happened some minutes ago.

Before Yoongi opens the door to the practice room, you make sure that none of your wounds or scars are visible. You have to be really careful now, so that no one sees them, especially the one in your right palm, which could get easily spotted.

Yoongi opens the door and you greet everyone. You spot Rhea on a couch on the opposite side of the huge mirror and head towards her with a kind smile on your face. You sit down right next to her.

"Hi Rhea. How have you been?", you ask her. "I'm okay, you?" You sigh before replying, "Yeah, I guess I'm fine myself."

The six boys, everyone minus Taehyung, begin to practice now. Just some dance exercises Hoseok suggests.

When the boys dance, you notice that Yoongi is watching you regularly through the mirror, making sure that you don't do anything stupid.

But you also notice someone else's eyes on you every now and then and it really confuses you because you don't understand why he should watch you. It's Jungkook. He and you never really had much to do with each other, so why? Well, maybe you are just imagining things. It's not news that you are paranoid.

(time skip)

The practice went by pretty quickly because you quite enjoyed it. It was nice spending some time talking to someone apart from your psycho stalker. Rhea seems like a nice girl and you two even got to know each other a bit better.

But now, you two just got back into Yoongi's apartment and you are getting ready for the worst. Yet, Yoongi decides to take a shower first because of all the sweating from the practice.

Yoongi is now done showering and comes back out of the bathroom with rather comfortable clothes on and his hair still wet from the water. He begins to walk towards you and you gulp.

Yet, before he could reach you, there is another knock on the door, a softer knock than Namjoon's, though. Yoongi groans in annoyance. He probably can't believe his bad luck as he is always interrupted.

He walks towards the front door of his apartment to open it and when he does, he seems really surprised. "Rhea, right? What are you doing here?", you hear Yoongi say.

"Is (Y/N) there? Can I talk to her real quick?"

______________________________

A/N: A longer chapter than usual because I let you all wait. 🤠