Chapter 4

"What the-"

You look down into the cash register and, of course, see some banknotes and coins, but right in the middle there is a piece of paper in there. The side of the paper that's facing you is just plain white. You move your shaking hand towards it to pick it up.

As you grab it, the smell of cologne instantly creeps up your nose. You didn't turn the paper around yet. You take a deep breath and slowly turn it around eventually and see words written on it:

'I heard your beautiful scream last night. Did you have a nightmare~~~?'

You immediately throw the paper onto the ground in horror. Your eyes as wide as they possible can be. "What the shit is going on?!", you almost scream loudly. You feel the sweat forming on your forehead and your heart rate rising.

'Ding', the sound of the door hits your eardrums again. You look the direction and see an elderly woman coming inside. You sigh and give her a fake smile as she looks your way. You lean down to pick up the paper, because you don't want someone else to find it. You grab it and put it into your pocket.

You watch the older lady walking around the store at a really slow pace, probably due to her old age. You see her putting some random items into her basket. You take out the piece of paper behind the counter again and look at it. "Is this really from him?", you whisper to yourself. You look at the letters. "It's in Korean..."

Who else would write such a letter in Korean when you are in Egypt? You also remember that Xhemile can't speak nor read Korean. So it can't be a prank or revenge by her. Furthermore, why should she do something like that? Even if she was mad at you for being such a bitch last night, she wouldn't do something like this.

"Wait...", you mumble to yourself as realization hit you. Aya worked right before you. There is no way someone put it in there aside from her- You break your own train of thoughts: "The trash..." When you brought the trash out, the store was not supervised for a few moments. Did he come in there?

You put the piece of paper back into your pocket as you see the lady approaching you. When she finally arrives, she places the basket onto the counter and greets you friendly. You start to scan the items unmotivated until she asks: "Are you alright?" You tilt your head slightly. "Yeah, why?"

"Oh, I was just worried because you look really tired." You sigh and nod your head. "Yeah, I didn't really sleep last night. It's fine, though.", you explain to her. She smiles kindly at you.

She gives you the money you ask for and you hand her the items. As she was about to turn around to leave she looks back at you and suddenly states: "Oh, I almost forgot!" You raise your eyebrow confused.

"There is this boy outside the store that asked for you."

_____________________________

A/N: The 4th chapter I end with a cliffhanger, hehe. Let's see how far I can go. *grins evilly*