Chapter 43

"Is (Y/N) there? Can I talk to her real quick?", you hear Rhea's voice say from outside the apartment door.

"Uhm, why?", Yoongi asks her suspiciously. She still hasn't seen you and she doesn't know if you're indeed there. "Is she there or not? Because I really need to talk to her.", Rhea states, quite eager to talk to you. 

You wonder what this is about and what her concern is. Yoongi is probably extremely mad. He might think that you told her something during the practice or at least gave some hints. But you are completely sure that you didn't do anything like that.

You gather all your courage. You need to know what this is about. "Oh, Rhea is that you?", you ask while heading towards the door. "Oh (Y/N), I meant to talk to you." Yoongi looks between the two of you with a suspicious frown on his face.

"Really? What do you want to talk about? I mean, we just saw each other in the practice room and talked.", you say while standing in front of her. Rhea nods. "Yeah, but I need to talk to you privately.", she emphasizes the last word, signalizing Yoongi that she just wants to talk to you.

"Yoongi, I'll be right back.", you tell him while pointing your index finger towards outside the apartment, gesturing that you will talk to Rhea in the hallway. Of course, he couldn't say no, it would arouse suspicion. "Yeah, sure...", Yoongi just mumbles in response, though, you could hear distrust in his voice.

You walk into the hallway, joining Rhea there and also closing Yoongi's apartment door behind you. "So, what do you want to talk about?", you instantly ask her. "Uhm, can we maybe go downstairs into the lobby to talk?", she asks, looking at all the apartment doors, not wanting that anyone overhears the conversation. "Sure."

Rhea and you walk downstairs in awkward silence. You don't really know each other really well yet. When you finally arrive downstairs in the lobby, Rhea sighs heavily.

"So, I really need to talk about this with someone. I mean, Hobi already knows about this but I have the urge to tell someone else as well because Hobi can be really busy at times.", she begins and you just nod, telling her to go on.

"Yeah, let me just start from the beginning. Well, as you can probably tell, I'm not Korean.", she says, referring to her name and her appearance, obviously. "And yeah, I wasn't born here as well. I came here not too long ago actually. I came here with my best friend because it was our dream to go to Korea.", she says.

"Where is your best friend then?", you ask. She sighs and you notice her discomfort. "That's the thing.", Rhea mutters. "She... I don't know." You put your left hand onto her shoulder to console her. "What do you not know?", you question. 

She inhales deeply. "Where she is.", she almost sobs. Your eyes widen at her words and her sadness. "You don't know where she is?" Rhea shakes her head. "S-Shortly after we got here, she just disappeared..."

"She disappeared?", you repeat because you can't believe what she is saying. "I-I've been looking for her ever since. Every day I look for her. And also that's how I met Hobi. It was another day where I was looking for my best friend, crying and running in circles in frustration basically. He approached me and helped me looking for her."

You give her a soft smile before remembering an important question. "Did you report her missing to the police?", you ask. "Of course, I did. But until now they don't even have a single clue. She is just gone.", Rhea explains. 

"What's her name?", you ask. "Thalia. Her name is Thalia.", she sobs quietly. At this moment, you just pull Rhea in for a hug. With that, you want to comfort this poor girl but also yourself, trying to leave all of the stress, sorrow, and pain behind. Of course, this won't work but for just one second, you feel like that. 

The two of you pull apart again and look at each other with soft smiles on your faces. The peace between the both of you won't last for long when you hear a loud ringing sound. Rhea and you turn your heads towards the huge main door in confusion. For a second, you just keep standing there until the doorbell rings again. 

Rhea and you head towards the building's entrance to open the door. When you open the door, you see two females of the same small height standing in front of the door. They wear uniforms and look quite serious.

Before Rhea nor you could speak, one of the strangers already starts talking: "I'm officer Choi Heoni and this is officer Min Jule. We are here because of the case of a missing girl." They both hold up their badges. Rhea and you look at each other with widened eyes. Could it be?

"Thalia...", Rhea mumbles quietly. "Yes, it's about that girl. Do you know her?" Choi Heoni asks. Rhea immediately gasps in surprise. "Y-Yes! I'm the one that reported her missing! Did you find anything out?", Rhea asks eagerly. 

"Sort of. We found clues that brought us to this neighborhood. She most likely went missing somewhere in this area.", the same officer explains. You notice small tears of happiness building up in Rhea's eyes. 

"And because this dorm building is also part of the neighborhood, we need to ask everyone who lives here about the girl.", the other officer speaks for the first time. "Come inside.", you say while gesturing the two female officers to come inside the building. 

"Rhea, can you get everyone else here? I'll wait here with the officers.", you state. Rhea nods and heads towards the staircase with a rather fast pace. When both officers entered, you close the door behind them. 

They begin to talk about their work with each other and you just stand there awkwardly. At one point, officer Choi asks her colleague: "Is it really okay for you to do the questioning with me here?" There was a strong emphasis on the last word, probably meaning this specific dorm. They probably know who lives here. But why should there be a problem for the other officer to ask about the case here? 

"Yeah, you know, I'm kind of looking forward to seeing my cousin again. I haven't seen him in years."