Chapter 13

'Lie.'

You look down onto your phone a few more seconds, just staring at this 3-letter word. You then see the contact name, which isn't given because it's just a random phone number.

You have a weird and probably stupid idea in your mind and you debate for a short time if you should really do it or not.

"What do I have to lose...", you mumble to yourself as you click the phone number. You deeply inhale once more and then click the call button. It beeps once and then:

"The number you have dialed is not in service."

You instantly hang up and stare into space. He just texted you like one minute ago. How is it already unavailable. You shake your head, shrugging the thought off and decide that you should still block the number, just in case.

You put your phone away while sighing and now look around, no clue where you actually are. You examine the park you are currently in and spot a small playground.

You head towards it, wanting to relax and calm down a little bit. You sit down on one of the two swings next to each other and just start swinging lowly.

The park is apparently empty, apart from you of course. You enjoy the loneliness right now and ignore the fact that you are lowkey being suicidal right now by staying all by yourself.

You just think about your life as you listen to the sound of nature. You think about the day everything began. The fansign. Why didn't he just ask you out if he liked you? Or whatever weird emotion he feels towards you. Why did he instantly have to go into crazy bitch mode.

All of a sudden, your phone starts to vibrate in your pocket. You flinch because it startled you while you were lost in thoughts. You take your phone out and look at the notification you just got.

Xhemile: 'Hey, you can still text me if you need to. I'm always here for you and you can of course come back home anytime.'

You notice, that you started smiling while reading the text. You didn't deserve her, she is the best friend you could have ever imagined and it makes you sad that you had to leave her behind for now, clueless about what is even going on.

As you put your phone back into your pocket and drift back into your train of thoughts you suddenly notice a weird buzzing sound behind you. You get up from the swing and instantly turn around to look for the source of the sound.

After a few moments you notice a drone, hovering in the air a few meters away from you. As you spot the camera that is attached to it, facing you, you flip it off.

You decide to leave the park and look for a place to stay at for a short while, preferably a restaurant, café or such. Quickly, you catch sight of a famous fast food chain, that is opened until a late hour, so you can even stay there until your, well actually Aya's, shift begins at midnight.

You order yourself a burger and sit down onto a table in the corner of the restaurant. As you eat, you ponder over where you can stay at now. Because you obviously have to stay somewhere and a hotel is going to be too expensive after a few days.

After finishing your food, you suddenly realize how tired you actually are and without another minute passing, you already fell asleep.

(time skip)

You wake up and look around, realizing you are still in the restaurant. You stretch yourself and then check the time. 11:38 pm. "Fuck! I have to go to work!", you whisper-yell.

You take out your phone for the directions, because you are still not completely sure where you are right now. It tells you that you have to walk for 20 minutes until you arrive, so you have to hurry now.

You walk out of the fast food chain and towards the convience store you work at.

(time skip)

As you arrive at the store without further obstacles, you greet your co-worker, whose shift just ended with your arrival. Your co-worker leaves the store and you get behind the counter and sigh out loudly, being all by yourself again.

You then notice something laying on the ground behind your counter. You quickly kneel down to pick it up. You are right now crouching behind the counter, with no vision of the rest of the store.

'Ding'

You freeze for a split second at the sound of the store entrance opening. You get up again, standing straight and ready to greet the new customer. But, you quickly realize that there is no one.

Are you starting to hallucinating? No, you are completely sure that you actually heard the sound. Yet, you just shrug it off again.

A minute later your phone is vibrating in your pocket, signalizing a notification. You take it out and look at the new text:

Xhemile: 'Come outside, quick!'

You look at the text, frowing and hesitating at first. But then you actually start to worry, scared that something might have happened to your best friend and you quickly leave the counter, heading towards the exit.

In the second the door opens and you are standing outside you instantly freeze, seeing who is standing right in front of you, holding Xhemile's phone in his right hand.

"Let's play some hide and seek~"